The Analytics and Insights job family is responsible for providing data driven insights to the business to improve decision making. These are embedded analytics teams that live in the functional areas and provide data requirements to the centralised data team.
- Data Subject Matter Expert: Identify and drive improvements to processes and policies in collaboration with product, data and IT teams on process improvements on data collection or data instrumentation.
- Testing and test design: Be a leader in designing A/B tests, experiments that affect user behaviour.
- Business Partnership: Own stakeholder relationships regarding either business strategy, corporate metric forecasting, go to market, product strategy, pricing strategy and functional strategy needed to answer GitLab’s hardest questions.
- Partner with executive team members across the company to provide data driven decision support using your analytical, business and financial acumen.
- Highly skilled in being able to provide analysis and scientific data to answer GitLab’s toughest analytical questions.
- Financial Modeling: Build bottoms up decision support models to measure and drive key decisions in the business.
- Communication: Prepare and review visualizations of all types of data to promote internal understanding of your team's insights. Expert influencer to our executive team. Clearly articulate insights.
- Data Science Modeling: Design, implement and apply analytics techniques (e.g., optimization, machine learning, experimentation, mathematical modeling) using analytical tools and programming languages (e.g., R, Python, SAS). Be comfortable with a boring solution such as a heuristic when it helps drive the insight.
- Data Driven Insights and Analysis: Summarize key data driven insights to members of the executive team to drive better outcomes, an increase in revenue or decrease in cost. Provide insights across the company.
- The ability to discover data gaps and provide requirements to the Data team and to product management for the proper logging and data repositories.
- Collaborate closely with the executive team, product leadership, and our Data team.
- Support the Product function with revenue insight analysis for growth and pricing teams.
- Support the Finance function with corporate metric forecasting and driver analysis.
- Be a culture definer and evolver of GitLab Values.
- Experience recommendation: 7-10 years of experience in a consulting or analytics role ideally with enterprise SaaS software model.
- Data Analysis: A passion for understanding business questions and making data driven insights. Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient in SQL; R, Python preferred.
- Financial Modeling: Be able to create financial models that follow industry best practice. Expertise in Google sheets (we do not use excel for modeling purposes).
- A/B Testing experience: experience designing and executing A/B tests in collaboration with growth or product teams.
- Business Acumen: Be able to understand the business at a level to influence EVP priorities and company strategy.
- Business Partnership: Consistent track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business decisions.
- Communication: Ability to present financial data concisely through written and oral communication. Expert at influencing business stakeholders.
- BS degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or relevant degree. MBA preferred.
- Ability to use GitLab.