Software Engineer Intern, Insights
Engineering is at the core of Addepar and we are looking to add the best, brightest, and most passionate software engineers to our team. If you are excited about doing the best work of your career and you enjoy the rush of shipping high quality code to production every day we’re excited to meet you! Our software engineers come from a variety of backgrounds, ranging from Silicon Valley entrepreneurs to finance tech veterans. What they have in common is tremendous talent and dedication to architecting, implementing, and shipping high quality software.
Our Engineering Teams
- Data Engineering: build systems to ingest the world’s investment data and aggregate it into a single platform.
- Infrastructure: build reliable services and work on monitoring systems, logging infrastructure, application and service security, release engineering, and operational tools.
- Product Engineering: Addepar product engineering operates across a broad range of technologies and product domains. Work with a cross-functional team of engineering, product, and design staff to build the world’s most customizable financial reporting and analytics tool. Positions are open for interns to work on financial calculations, full-stack web projects, queuing and scheduling systems, UI/UX flows, and mobile-friendly web applications.
- Extraordinary talent in software engineering. Ability to write high quality object oriented code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of development best practices and experience working in a team.
- Ability to explore complex problems spaces objectively from multiple points of view.
- General familiarity with some of the technologies we use:
- HTTP, REST and web API best practices.
- SQL, relational databases and key-value stores.
- Messaging/queuing and transaction log frameworks.
- Linux proficiency, basic shell scripting and a solid grasp of systems level programming is a plus.
- Specific experience in or knowledge of financial data systems is a plus.
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.