US, FL, Virtual Location - Florida
The AWS Professional Services team works with Public Sector and Nonprofit customers to operationalize the shared responsibility model as they migrate to the cloud. Do you like helping people envision new ways of securing a cloud infrastructure? Do you have ideas for new ways to experience security operations instead of traditional lecture and documented best practice?
AWS offers a cloud platform with a global reach and we are looking for a passionate and innovative technical security thinker to help the expansion of the Security Experience practice. This is a role for someone that is looking to change the way that AWS interacts with our customers. You’ll have the opportunity to create new security experiences & environments for our customers covering topics including strategy & risk management, building & deploying security infrastructure, or automating security operations...and beyond.
The ideal candidate should be a highly technical security professional who has the ability to take customers on a journey through securing their infrastructure. They will need to be able to develop highly scalable applications that adhere to cloud and security best practices.
Our Consultants work with Public Sector and Nonprofit customers locally, regionally and nationally. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed. (Up to 25% to 50% travel)
· 5+ year’s experience in developing secure customer facing web and/or mobile applications
· Knowledge of AWS Compute, Storage, Networking, Database, Management tools, Security, Identity and Compliance services
· Management, Information Security or equivalent experience required
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Security or equivalent experience required
· AWS Associate or Professional or specialty certification or ability to get certified within three months of hire.
· Implementation experience with enterprise security solutions such as WAF, IPS, Anti-DDOS, and SIEM
· Proficiency in the DevOps style of software deployment
· Proficiency in driving a security focused software development lifecycle
· Technical expertise (design and/or implementation) in Cloud Computing technologies
· Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
· Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and Customers
· Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.