Creative Design Intern
Posted 1 month ago
Addepar is seeking a highly motivated and talented design intern to join the Creative Design team. You will learn the ins and outs of working with an in-house design team and be actively involved in all aspects of our creative process. This is an opportunity to learn what it’s like to work for an in-house design studio, hone your craft, and develop your design skills while working on real life applications.
Interns will present their final presentation to the design team and cross functional teams employing the presentation skills and vocabulary they’ve developed during their time as a team member.
We’re looking for design students about to graduate or those early in their design careers whose aesthetic is highly elevated, who have excellent typography, graphic design, brand, web, and illustration skills.
- Good Design Practice & Designer Relations
- Time management
- Producing work under difficult circumstances
- The ability to juggle multiple projects
- The importance of checking your own work
- Explaining visual ideas to non-visual people
- Managing stakeholder expectations
- Presentation skills
Imperative Design skills
- Importance of designing to the correct size
- Grid systems
- Software skills (batch process images, manage large volumes of text and imagery, which file type for which job, when to use CMKY and RGB , etc.)
- Print production (how to create artwork for print, how to package a file and deliver to printer, resolution versus scale, etc.)
- Web skills (how to think in pixels, application of fonts, wireframing, SEO and alt tags, responsive design, naming web files, removing backgrounds from graphics, screen resolution for pages etc.)
- Basic marketing skills
- Proper e-mail etiquette
- How to sell yourself and your ideas
- How to work with illustrators/photographers
- How to work well with non-designers/stakeholders
- Excellent typography, graphic design, web, and illustration skills
- Fluent in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, & Figma
- Able to take critical feedback in stride, and has a quick grasp of the big picture
- Collaborate without ego with creatives and stakeholders
- Strong communicator and storyteller
- Solutions driven with the ability to move fast and learn from reality
*Bonus: motion graphics and/or animation skills
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics, and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. The company’s platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and in 2018 received Morgan Stanley’s Fintech Award for making a significant impact on the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City.
Addepar is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to building together and to do that best, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas.