Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a storyteller to help us amplify the Twilio story to a wide range of audiences from the developer to the largest enterprises around the world. This individual will join a growing global Corporate Communications function building thought leadership for Twilio across a diverse product line, showcasing a unique variety of use cases and engaging audiences around the world.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic. They are also:
- Driven and resourceful
- Thrives in fast-paced, high pressure environments
- Has strong media relationships with both tech, trade and business press that deliver proven results
- Has 5+ years of experience at a PR agency, even better if you’ve also worked in house
- Has experience working with a variety of technology companies from B2B to B2C
- Can grasp technical concepts and help articulate those concepts to a diverse audience through creative executions
- Can collaborate with internal stakeholders as well as external customers and partners to build compelling stories that demonstrate the the impact of Twilio in the world
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills
- Can develop and execute on communication strategies for a diverse set of programs
- Demonstrates successful thought leadership program execution
- Understands how to work on a global team to orchestrate coordinated results
Whether it is telling the world about our latest product release, amplifying a customer success story, collaborating with an industry partner or creating a thought leadership platform, you will work with teams across the company and our ecosystem to drive programs that establish and build on Twilio’s relevance in the market. As with most PR roles, each day can be wildly different and bring you new opportunities to flex your PR muscles.
As a PR Specialist, you will live the Twilio Magic values and an engaging day includes:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborating with internal stakeholders to craft compelling stories that help establish Twilio as a thought leader among its target audiences
- Partnering with technical product leaders to distill their stories into press-ready narratives
- Engaging with external partners and customers to connect them to our storytelling
- BE BOLD: Pitching stories to top tier and trade press
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Meeting with innovative customers and figuring out ways Twilio can amplify the work they do on our platform
- BE AN OWNER & RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Strategizing communications plans with product and marketing counterparts
- Working with agencies to broaden Twilio’s awareness in the US and in global markets where we have PR programs
- Working with executives to develop thought leadership platforms, develop campaigns to amplify those platforms and pitch out for interviews and speaking opportunities
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Training and preparing spokespeople to speak with the press
Driving awareness to a broad audience is a key element of Twilio’s marketing strategy and PR plays a large role in that. Twilio is a dynamic and fast-paced culture where continually innovating and creating new strategies for growing awareness is required.
The team is lean and we’re constantly punching above our weight. As a member of Twilio Communications, you will get every type of experience - whether it’s running product launches, interfacing and collaborating on thought leadership programs directly with our executive team, meeting with customers or partnering with other marketing functions. This role has the potential to be career defining as we build the team and power the PR engine behind one of the fastest growing software companies in the world.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.