React Front-end Engineer (remote)
Remote - United Kingdom
Posted 1 month ago
Stuart (Geopost Group) is an eco-friendly 🌱 last-mile delivery company 📦 that connects retailers and e-retailers to a fleet of geo-localised couriers across several countries in Europe.
Build the future of logistics for a more sustainable world: shared, efficient and reliable, as conscious consumers value more and more environmental responsibility besides speed of delivery and convenience.
Stuart is growing to fulfil that vision. In 2020 we doubled in size and continue to grow strong.
We are a melting-pot of 450 people working from Paris, London, Barcelona, Madrid and remote.
More than 2 000 companies work with us already across Food, Grocery, Retail and Pharmacy to deliver all types of goods, among which essentials for people on lockdown / self-isolating because of the coronavirus. We are at the right moment and the right place to make an impact on millions of people, as home delivery services hit a record high.
Stuart is looking for a Front-end Engineer to work remotely or from our office Carrer de Pau Claris, 186 08037 Barcelona on our web applications in React.js, with a desire to achieve great design usability and performance across desktop and mobile browsers.
What will you do?
- Develop and optimize new and existing features
- Work on new upcoming products
- Collaborate with our backend engineers, designers and product managers to create a great product
- Deliver high-quality code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality
- Learn the latest front-end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible
Who will you work with?
- Stuart's engineering and product teams comprise ~100 talented people from all over Spain, France, UK, Poland, Malta, Italy, Germany…
- We are a small, growing Front-end team of 7: Tonio, Bryan, Almu, Siddharth, Chris, Andres and Naoise, the Head of Front-end, to whom you'll report.
- Fluent in English
- 3+ years of experience as a Front-end Developer (2+ years using React)
- Experience with React, React Hooks, Redux
- Pixel perfect CSS
- Proficiency with Git
- Experience with modern front-end tooling (Webpack, Babel…)
- Used to work remotely
Want to put a smile on our face?
- Experience with Apollo Client and GraphQL
- Experience with type checking (TypeScript, Flow...)
- Experience with testing Frameworks (Jest, Enzyme, Cypress, Testing Library…)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like Sass
- Fast career progression
- Lunch paid for every day (in value up to £10) at work and all the free drinks/snacks you can handle.
- Monthly gym allowance (in value up to £40) to use in any gym or for any sport class - a healthy mind in a healthy body!
- Private health care provided by AXA (including dental and optical)
- Pension taken care of through a partnership with Royal London.
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a great company culture.
- Flexible hours, autonomy, work from home
- Stuart Academy to develop your skills
- And much more - our HR team is constantly implementing new initiatives!
Want to learn more about us? https://stuart.com/about-us/
After reading all this, just a few last but important words: we want you to take on a role you love and we want you to come to a place you’re proud and happy to work every day 💙!
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.