Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Remote - Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Posted 1 month ago
Zipdev is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to be a key part of bringing a new gaming platform to life with a team that loves creating and gaming.
If you are a lead developer in Java/Kotlin based web services; if you are a data model and refactoring geek, if you are a very strong clean coder with who has mastered a broad set of cloud technologies such as Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Core services (EC2, S3, RDS, IAM, VPC Security, etc), if you are hungry for greenfields development, then we’d love to talk with you about joining our team.
The company is a funded female-founded startup with a largely remote team, they are creating a new tabletop gaming platform with a large screen and advanced features for sensing game pieces and its environment allowing interactions impossible before now. The platform is then being loaded with game development partnerships from some of the best games on a tabletop. They are growing their foundational team, seeking highly effective forward-thinking engineers ready to get in early on something we are passionate about seeing grow.
- Develop and deploy webservices using Kotlin, Springboot, Docker, Postgres, and Kubernetes on AWS
- Contribute to architecture and DevOps for the suite of backend services supporting Gameboard
- Develop testing/monitoring plans, implementations, dashboards, and alarms.
- Tame a broad set of cloud services with a mind toward simplifying and automating.
- Produce effective and maintainable software/systems
- Interface with content developers, developer relations team, product team, experience designers, etc. to convert use-cases into concrete dev requirements
- Must be able to document plans, designs, and thoughts for others to consume
- Must wear multiple hats and be able to do different tasks if required
- Must be a self-starter with a results mindset
- Must be able to collaborate effectively - able to share your vision, effectively engage peers, articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong.
- Expert experience writing Java, Kotlin or other JVM languages
- Strong with Spring frameworks
- Strong with relational database querying and performance concepts with some NoSQL experience
- Strong with AWS concepts - EC2, Containers vs AMI, VPC Security
- Significant experience with message queues (Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS, etc.)
- Strong object-oriented designer
- Solid engineering capability with an eye towards performance and responsiveness
- Android development
- Video streaming or WebRTC
- Full/Cross Stack development experience
- Love of tabletop games
- Work Remote Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week (no weekends)
- Vacation: 10 business days a year
- Holidays: 5 National Holidays a year
- Company Holidays: 5 Company Holidays a year (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Zipdev Day)
- Major Medical Insurance
- Active Lifestyle/Gym Reimbursement
- Performance-based Bonus
- Continuous Education Bonus
- Did we mention its REMOTE