IT Project Manager
Remote - New Jersey, United States
Posted 1 month ago
Risk Strategies is a growth focused, privately-held, National Specialty Insurance Brokerage and Risk Management Advisor. We successfully assist organizations and individuals simplify the process of protecting assets, offering benefits and minimizing liability. With over 110 offices across the country & Canada, we thrive on our passion to be ranked a Best Places to Work since 2018 by our most important asset, our employees. For 2020, Risk Strategies was named 6th Fastest Growing Firm, 12th Largest Personal Lines Broker, 11th largest privately-held P&C Broker and the 16th largest US Broker by Insurance Journal.
Risk Strategies is proud to be Private Equity backed by one of the oldest and most established firms in the private equity industry and a leading investor in the insurance sector. As an Employer of Choice, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and an exciting, challenging career opportunity to over 2,400 employees currently.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Effectively manage/coordinate all information and work related to a variety of projects and business initiatives including, but not limited to project plans, project schedules, issues logs, agendas & minutes, and status reports.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with project team members and Risk Strategies internal business partners.
- Coordinate and schedule project team meetings and associated working sessions as needed.
- Identify and manage project work breakdown schedule, dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and publish communications, including status reports, schedules, and issues logs to project team members and other stakeholders as needed.
- Create project templates, tools, and documentation using Smartsheet to structure information and data for project management and status reporting.
- Effectively track and manage project budgets.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, risk management plan, and work with the IT Director and business owners to construct contingency plans.
- Ensure all assigned projects, tasks, and activities are delivered on time and within budget
- BA or BS degree with 3+ years project management experience; PMP preferred
- A demonstrated track record of successful technical project management and organizational skills
- Proven record of managing cross-functional and technically complex IT projects
- Prior experience with cloud based and traditional IT infrastructure projects a requirement
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills -- ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Experience at working both independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential