Technical Account Manager - Developer (Remote/West)
Posted 3 months ago
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for an experienced Technical Account Manager who is going to be the designated technical support engineering contact for our strategic customers. As a designated technical contact you will work with our customers to resolve complex technical problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences. You should have an interest in digging deep as well as be able to zoom out and look at the larger picture. The TAM delivers proactive guidance to the customer to provide added value through the use of Twilio technologies and deliver recommendations to make the customer’s environment less susceptible to business impacting downtime. You are able to remain calm and effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums
- Comfortable in working with customers’ developers to troubleshoot use of the Twilio helper libraries.
- Have an inquisitive mind to understand how things work
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, and proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures.
- Excellence in task prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency.
- Interest in utilizing customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our products.
- Enthusiasm for interacting and collaborating with other departments within Twilio in your search for the solutions our customers need.
- Ability to stand in the customer’s shoes and demonstrated dedication to the customer experience.
- Experience in managing dedicated customer accounts.
- Understanding of Telecoms and VOIP including WebRTC and SIP
A regular day in the life of a Technical Account Manager at Twilio would consist of working on the cases raised by specific customer's assigned to you and looking at ways to prevent future occurrences of such issues, while maintaining high customer relationships and helping them be successful using Twilio.
Some examples include: examining packet capture data and engaging one of our carriers to resolve a one-way audio issue in Germany, providing advice to a customer whose web server is not responding to HTTP requests from Twilio, and calling a customer to discuss the design of a function for transferring calls between agents in a call center.
As a TAM you will help customers understand the finer points of Twilio capabilities and influence them to implement best practices.
- Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- Understanding customer trends, analysing patterns, driving betterments and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process is a key part of the role.
If you are excited about not only teaching others ‘how to fish’ but also how to fish at scale then this role is for you.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in time dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere, this role will be working in the Western time zone. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.