New York or Remote
Rhino is charging into the real estate space to unlock over $190 billion in cash security deposits. We are building products, like our affordable insurance policy, to put money back in renters' pockets.
As an Accounting Manager at Rhino, you’ll join an accomplished team in a leadership role, helping us build the foundation of a company that is positioned to revolutionize the renting process.
In this role, you will:
- Be an in-house expert on all things accounting related
- Perform daily tasks as they relate to on-going business and accounting functions
- Manage the overall month-end close process, including review and approval of journal entries, bank reconciliations, balance sheet schedules, and ad-hoc tasks
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and monthly financial statement analytics
- Anticipate need for scalability in existing processes and build viable solutions to support business growth
- Validate internal and external reporting by testing the performance indicators of Rhino’s products
- Adhere to compliance with regulatory taxes, surplus filings, state audits, etc.
- Collaborate with other departments to drive company goals
We’re ideally seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting (CPA, a plus)
- Minimum 5-6 years of experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with accounting software programs (Quickbooks Online, a plus)
- Advanced Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and are comfortable analyzing large datasets to make informed decisions
- Strong attention to detail, high-level of personal excellence and accountability, and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent project management skills with prior system implementation experience
- You embrace and advocate the Rhino culture and values