Remote - Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Posted 3 months ago
OVERVIEW:phia, LLC a small 8(a) company focusing on the full spectrum of disciplines within the cyber, intelligence, and technology arenas, is seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented Contracts Manager with experience in the Federal space to join our organization. In this role you will work directly with the Executive and internal teams to manage the entire contract program, to include the day-to-day contract administration throughout all phases of the contract life cycle.
- Administer assigned contracts and subcontracts to include but not limited to contract modifications, ensuring compliance with prime contract requirements, proposal preparation, and contract negotiation with existing or prospective clients.
- Provide guidance to internal teams relating to all phases of the contract lifecycle.
- Accurately and timely perform contract data entry into various systems including Pipedrive, and monitors data updates.
- Resolve discrepancies related to contract documents and ensures data quality and accuracy.
- Independently conduct reviews of complex contract actions in all phases of the contract life cycle
- Track and communicate the keys issues and status of contracts portfolio relative to contract requirements.
- Develop a contract/subcontract review playbook (relevant FARS & CFRs for which we are compliant, acceptable terms, etc)
- Review current and future contracts on contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of contract terms and conditions to executive team.
- Recommend appropriate activities to resolve performance difficulties.
- Analyze estimates of service, material, equipment, and production costs.
- Cradle-to-grave administration of assigned contracts to include but not limited to contract modifications, ensuring compliance with prime contract requirements, proposal preparation, and contract negotiation with existing or prospective clients.
- Review and advise management, project and program managers, and other internal clients on contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of contract terms and conditions.
- Monitor company performance for conformance to original proposal and maintains continual reviews to ensure that terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations and advises leadership on appropriate activities to resolve performance difficulties.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, methods, operating practices, and performance standards.
- Respond to all external customer/client (e.g. Government, large Federal contractors) requests, disputes and requirements to help resolve disputes between prime and subcontractors; facilitates contract closeouts; conducts contract diligence for group/corporate transactions; and supports group/corporate name changes and novations of Government contracts.
- Assist in proposal activity support, ensuring compliance with the Solicitation requirements, company internal objectives and processes, and writing cover letters and risk mitigating assumptions, preparing pricing and management volumes.
- Obtain and ensures approvals in accordance with company’s compliance matrix.
- Review, drafts, and negotiates pre-award related contractual agreements to include NDAs, TAs, Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs) etc.
- Perform Organizational Conflict of Interest (OC) vetting and participates in preparation of OCI plans and helps develop mitigation strategies, as necessary.
- Collaborate and coordinate across departments including Business Capture/Development, Billing, Finance, Subcontracts, Pricing, Administration and Compliance.
- Process and monitor contract Internal Fund Requests (IFR) and requests proper funding from the clients.
- Perform ongoing project specific reporting, to include projections, reconciliations, management and of contract modifications.
- Actively share lessons learned to facilitate knowledge sharing within team and larger organization.
- Communicate frequently with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations.
- Perform other job-related and internal project duties as assigned.
- While this is a work from home opportunity, is important that the candidate be able to demonstrate that they have a space devoted to work in their home, which will allow for professional and confidential interactions.
- Monday-Friday, core business hours
- BA | BS degree in related field
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years of contracts administration in a government contracting environment
- 3+ years of experience working with key stakeholders and program leadership to collaborate and solve issues
- Experience managing a variety of contract types including IDIQ, FFP, T&M, etc.
- Possess working knowledge of FAR and DFARS
- One of more of the following certifications: NCMA Certifications: Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM, Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) or similar; Project Management Professional Certifications (PMP) or similar
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently from a home office while accepting direction, as provided
- Ability to travel domestically in support of contract management efforts, as needed
- Awareness or previous experience with IT & Cyber industries and terminologies preferred
- Must be well-versed in the entire Office 365 Suite, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company's goals
- Ability to manage individual workload to ensure the timely and compliant accomplishment of project deadlines and complete accurate internal and external client deliverables
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
- Ability to manage workflow effectively; suggest and implement process improvement when necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction and adherence to deadlines
- Excellent organization skills
- Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel
WORK SCHEDULE: Daytime Core Business Hours - 9 am-5 pm (some flexibility with start/stop times)
WORK LOCATION: Preferred candidates will live in close proximity to either NoVA/DC/MD; Tampa, FL; or Raleigh, NC
TRAVEL: Minimal <5%
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: 100% telework, with occasional interpersonal meetings as needed.
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: None Required; having a clearance is beneficial.
phia, LLC is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business that was established in 2011. We focus on the full spectrum of disciplines within the cyber, intelligence, and technology arenas.
We support mission-critical teams within various agencies and offices within the Federal government, including Civilian, Defense, Law Enforcement and Intel. We like to describe phia as truly by technical people and for technical people. phia’s founders wanted to create an employee-centered culture, where we care about the people as much as the mission.
Our goal is to continue to hire talented and passionate team members, who desire to grow their skillsets as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients and stakeholders. With this goal in mind, we invite you to apply for positions, even if you don't meet the desired years of experience listed in our position descriptions. We are more interested in intellectually curious individuals with the ability to work autonomously and with teams. If your experience does not match our exact requirements of a position but you are otherwise an awesome candidate, we will work hard to find a position that suits you.
Our company culture is unique; we consider everyone on the team a part of the phia phamily. We make great efforts to foster cohesiveness through one-on-one interactions, professional mentoring, and group outings. In short, our leadership team is personally invested in each employee. phia offers a rewarding environment with talented & passionate people.
Excellent benefits for full time W2 candidates to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement
- Monthly Payroll