User Researcher- Foundation
Posted 1 month ago
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Are you driven by empathy and a passion for understanding people? Do you strive to uncover peoples’ deep needs and values through observation and interviews? Do you love testing concepts and solutions that seek to meet those needs? At Affirm, you will play a critical role in understanding the post-loan experience for our customers, from repaying loans to returning products to interacting with our care agents. You will bring others along in understanding how people expect to interact with us and how they actually do, and in doing so, you will help the team create impactful experiences for our customers.
What You'll Do
- You will lead user research for our customer care team, on tactical and generative strategic research.
- You will synthesize and compellingly communicate research findings to inform business decisions.
- You will effectively plan research activities for the near and long-term, with capacity for flexibility.
- You will advocate for the customer and engender greater empathy for the customer amongst cross-functional partners.
- You will evangelize user research, working with stakeholders from product management, analytics, design, engineering, and customer operations.
- You will further enable others by educating and supporting our cross-functional counterparts as they initiate their own research projects through our newly-launched democratization research effort
What We Look For
- B.A/B.S. in Anthropology, Psychology, Social Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in applied product research, preferably B2C and B2B research
- Command of a set of qualitative and user-centered design methods.
- Experience with survey research (questionnaire design, sampling, analysis).
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management.
- Knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts.
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions.
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company.
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate your findings, verbally and in writing.
- Be highly adaptable in an ever-changing startup environment.