Principal Solutions Architect - Hawaii
US, HI, Virtual Location - Hawaii
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Principal Solutions Architect in Hawaii, who is passionate about helping enterprise customers build infrastructures and applications at scale. Our solutions architects are experienced technologists with technical breadth and depth coupled with strong interpersonal skills. As a solutions architect, you will work directly with some of our largest customers to enable innovation through continuous deployment across technology stacks and demonstrate best practices around advanced cloud solutions.
You will partner with Sales, Professional Services, and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of our services. Our solutions architects build architectures and provide prescriptive guidance across networking, storage, operating systems, virtualization, AI/ML, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, Big Data, and mid-tier technologies (application integration, security, in-memory caches).
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions and experience leading deep architecture discussions. They must be self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges and have a passion for educating, training, and designing cloud solutions for enterprise customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
· Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS
· Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
· Author and contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proof of concepts
· In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
· 10-15+ years of IT consulting experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
· 10 years design/architecture or implementation experience with distributed applications
· Breadth of experience across Enterprise IT in multiple areas, such as: Software Design or Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Content Distribution, Database Architecture, IP Networking, IT Security, Data Center Operations, Enterprise Applications
· Expertise in Cloud Computing or AWS platform, and architectural best practices
· Technical acumen expertise with the ability to understand the customer/partner IT landscape, identify opportunities, and overcome any technical obstacles
· Expert in understanding the business domain of the customer/partner and business problems the customer is facing, with the intent to solve the business problems
· Customer facing experience with the ability to interact and present to senior leadership (e.g. CxOs)
· Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired
· Ability to influence the adoption of AWS services in conjunction with business requirements
· Experience architecting complex use cases leveraging AWS services and multi-vendor environment technologies
· Legacy migrations or transformations to the cloud
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Masters/MBA degree
· Willingness to travel up to 50%
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.