Sr. Director PMO - Learning & Organizational Development
Posted 1 month ago
We are looking for an experienced Sr Director of Learning Operations / PMO to support Elastic’s Global Learning & Organizational Development (L&OD) team and our growing body of work. You bring a combination of strategic systems thinking, strong communication skills, detail-obsessed execution and a trusted advisory approach to this new role.
This is a distributed role with a focus on supporting the Head of L&OD based in the UK.
You will support the Head of L&OD, and all functions of the team to be responsible for the development of Learning & OD service offerings, guidelines, policies and programs in support of Elastic’s diverse, global population. Additionally, as the L&OD Program / Portfolio Manager, you will also serve as a strategic partner and Chief of Staff to the Head of L&OD, to ensure alignment with the overall HR strategy.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Serve as the “hub” for all Learning and OD program details and schedules.
- Work closely with Directors of: Organizational Development, Change and Design; and Leadership & Team Performance; and the Head of L&OD to co-develop near and long-term employee-facing programs / activity (incl. Consulting, Learning and Coaching) and positioning them for successful adoption
- Own the growth and expansion of the Learning Operations team by guiding strategy and process creation to facilitate effective program management for strategic projects.
- Conduct content and engagement analysis.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Build learning training roadmaps.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart
- Analyze and developing recommendations to strengthen leadership, organizational capability, human capital management strategies, and culture in order to enable strategy execution
- Quickly assimilating data, reports, and verbal and non-verbal cues to form viewpoints that are continually iterated based on additional information
- Move fluidly between macro and micro considerations in problem solving, and toggling continuously between current state and potential future states to assess fit with anticipated strategy
- Apply appropriate judgment in assessing fit, strengths, and gaps based on information provided as well as experience and “pattern recognition” drawn from work in previous meaningful experiences, interactions, and/or consulting engagements
- Developing and directing the strategic activities of project team members from a range of backgrounds
- Utilizing project management skills in driving towards key landmarks and capacity planning
- Employ multiple frameworks and mental models for assessment based on stakeholder and organization requirements
What You Bring Along:
- 20+ years (or equivalent including education) of people management and operational management experience, including 8+ years managing managers. It’s totally okay if your Program Management experience is not in Learning & OD.
- Experience in crafting and setting the vision for a new team or business unit
- Outstanding communication skills and comfort working with various external parties
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and crafting high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
- Demonstrate empathy, curiosity, and attunement to formal and informal cues in data, communications, and interpersonal interactions
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build effective work relationships within the organization, influence behavior, and lead change
- Excellent project manager and effective communicator of programs and concepts at all levels.
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches is definitely a plus
- Ability to travel as needed.