Remote - US / Canada
GitHubGitHub is where over 73 million developers shape the future of software, together. Contribute to the open source community, manage your Git repositories, review code like a pro, track bugs and features, power your CI/CD and DevOps workflows,...
GitHub is changing the way the world builds and secures software, and we want you to help build GitHub!
As GitHub grows its portfolio of services, we look to redefine how we use GitHub internally for our own product development and part of that is ensuring that our systems scale better than O(n) as we bring on more developers. You will be partnering closely with Directors and Engineering Managers across the company to define a vision for how we build an engineer’s paradise to enable our developers to do the best work of their lives.
What you will be doing:
- Own the vision for your area. You will be responsible for specific areas of our internal Developer Lifecycle, and will need to work across the entire company to build the vision for how we build products at GitHub and ensure it aligns with our business goals.
- Manage the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the team think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. Your success will require coordination across multiple teams and domains at GitHub. We build large systems that span many teams and so we win or lose together.
- Data driven decision making. Analyze data for trends and potential developer pain points, and use this to prioritize and inform how to improve our systems. Go back to the data when needed to answer questions.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your area. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
You might be a fit if:
- You have 3-5+ years of engineering, product management, program management, or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to bring people together to build large systems.
- You are familiar with modern software development practices used to build and deploy web and mobile applications.
- You consider yourself a T-shaped engineer or product manager.
- You have strong technical abilities and a track record of working through complex technical problems.
- You possess strong communication skills, with clear verbal communication as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills.
- You strive to empower others and build an inclusive team.
Bonus points if:
- You are passionate about developer experiences and CI/CD
- You have experience building and running services in Azure
- You have deep experience with complex enterprise software applications.
- You are an expert on building platforms FOR complex software applications.
- You are passionate about GitHub and the opportunities that lie ahead of us.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Other jobs like this
Senior Product Manager - GetFeedback - Act teamAgile B2B Back-end Cross-functional Customer feedback Excel Front-end Integrations Machine Learning ML +2
Career development Parental leave Startup environment
Senior Product ManagerCloud-based Consumer products Cybersecurity Entrepreneurial Financial services HR Product design Product management Research SaaS +2
Career development Signing bonus Startup environment Team events
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs