Front End Engineer (remote)
Ad HocAd Hoc brings small teams of skilled professionals together to build government digital services that are fast, efficient, and usable by everyone.
This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on March 19, 2021.
Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Ad Hoc is looking for a Front End Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will have moderate experience developing and maintaining large-scale production systems in modern agile development environments. They are well versed in the fundamentals of at least one technology stack and can write well structured, tested, and secure application code with little feedback or guidance. They will have implemented web front ends for richly-featured applications using a modern web framework like React, Angular, Vew.js, or similar. They write frontend code that is highly accessible and maintainable. They can collaborate effectively with UX designers. They take an active role in planning and delivery efforts and draw on their experience to suggest approaches or alternatives. They work primarily with guidance and direction from their tech lead but frequently take on moderately complex tasks independently, occasionally assisting more junior engineers.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested
- Some Federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment
- Some Federal contracts require a degree in computer science or additional years of experience as a substitute
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively - we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here
- Masters Degree or Higher and a minimum of 5 years advanced level IT experience, including experience in emerging technologies or professional level IT certifications
- The following routes are available to substitute for the Masters Degree or Higher and minimum of 5 years advanced level IT experience.
- PhD and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience, preferred PMI-BA, PgMP
- Associates Degree and a minimum of 9 years relevant experience, preferred PMI-BA, PgMP
- High School Diploma, GED, or No Degree with a minimum of 11 years relevant experience, preferred PMI-BA, PgMP
What You'll Do
- Leverage modern front-end frameworks like React to deliver performant and maintainable front-end applications
- Integrate with various back-end APIs, and collaborate with team members to ensure back-end services meet the needs of our front-end systems
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You'll Bring
- Building applications using a client-side framework such as AngularJS, Ember.js, or React.
- Optimizing client-side web applications for speed and performance.
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
- Experience with Node JS and React
- Experience with React
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Other jobs like this
Senior Product Manager - GetFeedback - Act teamAgile B2B Back-end Cross-functional Customer feedback Excel Front-end Integrations Machine Learning ML +2
Career development Parental leave Startup environment
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs