Application Support Manager
Raleigh, North Carolina (Remote)
This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. By leveraging the latest innovations in mobile technology, cloud services, telemedicine, and mass-engagement channels like Facebook and Google, we are breaking down traditional geographic barriers to patient trial participation while shortening the time needed to bring new treatments to the market. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry, one patient, at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a razor-sharp Application Support Manager eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Application Support Manager will be responsible for the management and building of the Applications Support team. As part of the Science 37 team, this role will have a hands-on role supporting the development of the Science 37 Platform.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversees, manages and builds Application Support team.
- Act as the escalation point for production support to diagnose, triage and resolve customer issues in a 24x7 environment.
- Resolve operational issues by analyzing the root causes or assisting in the process
- Oversee and ensure the integrity of production systems on a day-to-day basis to ensure uninterrupted services
- Work with DevOps lead to implement Production Operations best practices, tool configuration and ALM tools like JIRA and Release Automation
- Manage and lead a development team dedicated to production issues and site reliability
- Work closely with development teams to capture and document Application Maintenance and support procedures
- Document fixes and procedures related to Prod/Ops support.
- Address production issues from the Service Desk tool (i.e. JIRA, Kace) and encourage business users to report and document production issues.
- Fix both application and infrastructure production issues and dynamic content problems logged by Customers and Business users.
- Refer frequently occurring incidents to Developers for Problem resolution
- Understand the deployment requirements for all applications and production environments
- Lead in capacity planning, tuning systems stability, provisioning and scaling of the production infrastructure
- Elevating the productivity and quality of the entire department by maintaining high levels of professionalism and discipline.
- Bachelor’s in science in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in application development/testing/DevOps
- 3+ years of experience in production operations/site reliability
- 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. ECS, RDS, ALB, S3, IAM, CloudWatch) to develop and maintain an AWS-based solution, with an emphasis on security, scalability and stability.
- Strong scripting (e.g. bash, Node.js, python) and automation skills.
- Experience with system monitoring tools (CloudWatch, SNS, ElasticSearch, NewRelic, APM, AWS X-ray).
- JIRA, Zendesk
- Terraform, Docker, bash, AWS SDK
- Basic queries for MySQL, NoSQL
- Familiarity using version control systems (git, Github).
- Awareness of cloud security best practices
- Experience in SaaS, Healthcare/Medical, or Research
- Familiarity with Mulesoft a strong plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills – Ability to gather incident information and accurately represent it to the Development and Leadership teams. Ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Computer skills - Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Google applications. Able to generate business correspondence, create forms and generate reports as required. Proficiency with MS PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of field organizational strategies - Ability to organize and prioritize tasks by balancing business needs with technical requirements in Agile and DevOps environments and cultures.
- Extensive knowledge of clinical research - Understands the drug development process. Knowledgeable about the critical elements for success in clinical trials; participation in and contribution to these activities.
- Team management and collaborative capabilities – Commitment to collaboration, within and across departments. Leverages each team member’s unique background and perspective to achieve team goals while providing clear direction and accountabilities.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and reacts in an effective and tactful manner. Has a range of interpersonal skills and approaches with ability to select a best-fit approach.
- Practice’s professionalism and integrity in all actions – Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done. The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment. Able to successfully work in a decentralized team environment. Skilled in situational responsive decision-making.
- Excellent problem-solving and people skills- Communicates ideas effectively to resolve conflicts and achieve business goals. Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Practice’s professionalism and integrity in all actions – Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done.
- Ability to work independently, self-directed, strong work ethic and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- Conducts performance reviews, calibration sessions, and feedback discussions with direct reports in a timely, frequent, and direct manner that is consistent with the company values.
- Performs competency assessments across their team and implements and monitors development plans with direct
- Mentors and/or assists in coaching and training direct reports
- Builds an internal culture of innovative thinking that leads to the development and implementation of the company's mission and
- Up to 20% travel, as needed, for project team meetings, client presentations and other professional meetings/conferences as needed
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
Position reports to Senior Director of Platform Engineering who will also assign projects, provide general direction and guidance. The Application Support Manager is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Full-Stack Engineers ( Frontend and Backend)
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!
Other jobs like this
Edtech Sales and Support Specialist (Virginia based)Coaching CRM Customer acquisition Customer-facing Customer feedback Customer service Data Analysis +6
Career development Conferences Flex hours Gear Home office stipend +2
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs