Contract Copywriter (remote)
Wayfair Inc.Shop Wayfair for A Zillion Things Home across all styles and budgets. 5,000 brands of furniture, lighting, cookware, and more. Free Shipping on most items.
Who We Are:
Become a Creative at Wayfair, home to one of the retail industry’s largest in-house creative agencies. Our in-house creative agency is a world-class team of brilliant minds, comprised of many disciplines – designers, copywriters, stylists, editors, cinematographers, directors, producers, and more. Our work fuels all forms of on-site and off-site marketing and communication with our consumers, from email to direct mail, to site work, social, TV, and beyond.
Wayfair Professional, Wayfair’s specialty brand for Interior Designers, Contractors, and more, is seeking a remote, contract Copywriter with proven experience writing for a retail audience and a strong interest in furniture and design. This position will be a full 40 hours per week and a 5-month contract.
We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the e-Commerce landscape. If that piques your interest, keep reading.
What You’ll Do:
- Under the guidance of the Creative Director, ACDs, and in close collaboration with your design partners, concept and write short- and long-form copy across marketing channels and brand touchpoints, such as omni-channel campaigns, email content, case studies, editorial site content, and beyond.
- Use Wayfair’s wealth of performance metrics and other data (especially customer insights) to guide smarter creative decisions.
- Live in lockstep with your cross-functional partners. You'll be responsible for maintaining seamless communication, understanding and influencing their priorities and goals, and effectively producing creative that supports (and furthers) those objectives.
- Do all of the above in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are daily and the volume of work is high. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 4 years experience writing for a retail audience (either in-house or at an agency). Ideally, you’ve worked with both digital and print.
- Deeply obsessed with home furnishings, interior design, and style, with a sincere interest in the retail industry.
- Short- and long-form copy.
- Passionate about the creative process of writing as well as the mechanics and finer points of proper grammar, syntax, and punctuation.
- Endlessly curious about the customer – their passions, needs, and pain points.
- An expert collaborator and someone who works well with other writers and designers.
- Strong ability to articulate your ideas and opinions and self-advocate, with proof points to ground them.
- Known for your meticulous attention to detail, ability to multitask, and a strong belief that an organized Creative is a successful Creative.
For consideration, an online portfolio or samples of your work are required.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs