Staff Network Engineer
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Palo Alto NetworksPalo Alto Networks enables your team to prevent successful cyberattacks with an automated approach that delivers consistent security across cloud, network and mobile.
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
This position will be a part of the team responsible for Palo Alto Networks’ network and security infrastructure for all enterprise, partner, and customer-facing services. You will work with a team of Senior-level Network Engineers leading projects crafting, implementing, and maintaining our global WAN/LAN network infrastructure. Dynamic, fast-changing and unpredictable defines our information technology team. You will also be provided with opportunities to work on Palo Alto
Are you a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual who wants to contribute and make a difference? If yes, this job is for you!
- Design, implement and provide support for all network-related hardware/software
- Ensure system uptime and backup for network-related equipment
- Work with the team on Network Deployments in GCP, Azure and AWS.
- Conduct security assessments (with security team) and make recommendations on data/voice network (LAN, WLAN, WAN, DMZ, Internet), disaster recovery, remote access, network appliances, servers, and directory services security
- Conduct incident triage and response, including working with firewall and device logs, investigating security events, protecting forensic value of data and establishing monitoring and incident reporting and response procedures
- Using your coding expertise in Ansible/Python, automate firewall policy management
- Work on establishing consistent metrics and collection methods for device log aggregation and review procedures
- Assist with defining the objectives of network implementations including developing and reviewing proposals and presentations
- Oversee security of hosted services and applications including security requirements and architecture, risk analysis, and periodic change reviews
- Work closely with engineering to help report issues and lead project deliverables and provide status and progress reports
- Provide comprehensive and timely support to all SOX and internal audit issues as they relate to Security Operations including analyzing data privacy requirements and implementing business process and IT controls
- BSCS or related field, MS preferred or equivalent military experience required
- Knowledge of Network scripting, automation and analytics
- Experienced understanding of networking and routing protocols such as, TCP/IP, BGP4 (multi-homing), OSPF (multi-area), RIP, ISIS, etc.
- Working knowledge in the operation of Ethernet LAN switching protocols and standards including, VLANs, VLAN aggregation, EtherChannel, PVLANs, Spanning Tree & Rapid Spanning Tree, 802.1Q
- Extensive background in planning and crafting projects and analyzing existing network systems and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience with Load Balancers, F5 preferred, AVI Load balancer and NGINX
- 1e, and CAT and fiber cable distribution systems
- Knowledge of data center design, build-out, and standard methodologies
- Experience with cloud providers- GCP, AWS and Azure
- Experience performing configuration and troubleshooting of Network platforms.
- Knowledge of firewalls technologies, including VPNs and routing
- Ability to analyze network packet traces (PCAP)
- Understanding of network security systems, intrusion detection systems and protocols including, ACE, ACS, VPN, GRE, IPSEC, IKE, TACACS, RADIUS, ACLs, 802.1x, audits, log files, etc.
- Strong analytical skills for interpreting business requirements and translating them into technical specifications
- Superb communication skills, including the ability to write network and security documentation, policies, and guidelines
- Experience with automation/scripting/coding will be helpful
- Ability to work nights and weekends and provide 24/7 on-call support
- Well-versed in commercial InfoSec requirements, mentorship and standards
- Preferred certifications CCIE, CCSP, CCDP.
Our marketing team has an opportunity like no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security. This team builds materials for our partners, our sales teams, and our industry. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $153,000/yr to $225,100/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.
Other jobs like this
Project Manager, Financial Services & Health OperationsBanking Blockchain Compliance Cross-functional Data Science Financial services FinTech +3
Career development Equity Health care Insurance Parental leave +3
User Experience (UX) ArchitectCX Project management Prototyping Research Sketch Usability testing User Experience +2
Career development Fertility benefits Health care Home office stipend Insurance +1
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs