Intermediate Software Developer (Remote)
Zensurance is growing at a rapid pace, and that means our Engineering team is growing too! We are looking for intermediate software developers to join the core team!
The Core team is responsible for the engine driving the company’s key goals such as adding more relevant insurance products with great prices on our website and delivering relevant insurance documents to our customers with ease.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Engineering, you will be writing secure, tested, and robust code to power our insurance pricing and matching engine using NodeJS and MongoDB. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to other projects as needed. We regularly look at cross-functionality on teams to ensure we leverage everyone’s skill set to make our product the best it can be.
In addition, we focus on finding individuals who are: Passionate - Overall, energetic, and positive.Talented - Smart, capable, and willing to learn to accomplish a task.Humble - Opinionated but flexible given new information and who is open to feedback without their egos getting in the way.Practical - Knowledgeable about which corners can be cut, based on the context of the problem being solved.
This is a remote role, and the team member can work from anywhere in Canada. #LI-Remote
- Write clean, maintainable, and scalable code.
- Take ownership of the development of custom features and drive their technical implementation.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders and the development team to design and build scalable, user-friendly systems for our customers, and in-house tooling.
- Suggest, design, implement, test and monitor features and functionalities.
- Evangelize proper software architecture and development paradigms.
- Discuss strategy and outline tradeoffs of potential software solutions.
- Develop, test, and maintain codebase within the team’s domain.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing of new technologies and solutions which fall within the team’s area of expertise.
- Offer guidance and mentorship to junior team members and co-op students.
- Develop and maintain documentation for new and existing features and integrations.
- Develop an understanding of company goals and initiatives and help the team deliver on them.
- Attend Engineering power-up (learning) meetings and leverage other learning opportunities to build software development skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree or college diploma in a recognized technical, vocational or academic program (preferably in Engineering or Computer Science) or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience building rich, complex web or mobile applications.
- Fullstack experience with NodeJS/AWS and the TypeScript ecosystem is preferred.
- Front-end experience with React is a big plus.
- Previous experience with NestJS is an asset.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest/Mocha.
- Experience working with APIs.
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment.
- Prior insurance domain knowledge is an asset, but not required.
- A passion for clean, reusable, and structured code.
- Abstract thinking skills with an aptitude for reasoning about complex logic.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Appreciation for collaborative work style.
Our fully remote engineering team fosters a learning culture that encourages professional development. Some of the highlights of the team environment include:
• Approachable, a supportive leadership team with extensive technical experience and ability.• Training and professional development budgets.• Knowledge sharing through power-ups.• Learning events and book clubs that help the team develop their skills and create a safe, supportive environment.• Twice-annual hackathons that provide opportunities to explore interests and practice new technical skills.• Opportunities to share your knowledge and experience and mentor others.
In addition, we provide amazing opportunities for career advancement. We provide well-defined and documented career progression paths to our engineering team members that provide clear expectations and requirements for advancement in our fast-growing environment.
As we scale our team, you'll have the opportunity to work on challenging projects using a modern tech stack and cutting-edge systems, including microservices and micro-frontends, with industry-leading tools such as NodeJS, React, TypeScript, Kafka, and more.
Perks we offer at Zensurance:
• Opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest-growing #insurtech startup• Flexible work environment/work from home arrangements available to everyone, including the equipment• One-time home office allowance to help with work-from-home costs• Comprehensive, flexible health, including mental health and dental plans to suit all lifestyles• Health/Personal Spending Accounts to subsidize your healthy habits and purchases• Parental Leave Top Up• Work internationally for up to 60 days per occurrence• Weekly Friday companywide huddles for casual catch-ups with other departments• Build next-level relationships with your peers through scheduled companywide virtual team-building events• Be a part of something special. We are confident you won’t find any other insurance company like us :)
Who we are. What we're building.
Business is hard work, insurance doesn’t have to be!
At Zensurance we believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
We are passionate about providing business owners with the best insurance solutions at great rates through an online and easy-to-use platform.
Our secret sauce is all about our culture. Here at Zensurance our culture is built on four core values that we live and breathe every day, they are:
INTEGRITY: We do what's right.INCLUDE: We are an open and safe space for all.INVENT: We take an innovative approach to creating straightforward solutions for our customers.DELIVER: We set ambitious goals and hold ourselves accountable for achieving them.
If reading all that piqued your interest, drop us a line and let us know why you would be a great fit for us. Whether it be through a resume - or something else you think is better - send us what you believe will impress us. Show us your creative process - how you think and solve problems!
True to its Canadian values, Zensurance celebrates diversity in its workforce structure and encourages applications from all backgrounds.
Zensurance is an inclusive employer that celebrates diversity in its workforce structure. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the recruiter if you require accommodation; to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Other jobs like this
Software Development Team Lead - Business Analytics (Remote)Analytics Data Analysis Data-driven Jenkins Machine Learning Mentor Python +3
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs