Posted 1 month ago
We're building the future for loss of hearing folks, enabled by great technology.Our mission is lofty: to make the lives of 450M deaf and hard-of-hearing people seamless and more accessible.This role will help us get the word out about our product that's making the lives of deaf and hard-of-hearing people better. The better we get the word out about Ava, the more we bring DHH people into the conversations around them.You'll write about the benefits of our captioning platform, which is 99% accurate, easy to use, and always accessible, and how that impacts the day-to-day experiences of those who use it or need it.You'll establish us as a key part player in the DHH community that advocates for its needs, not only by improving their accessibility through our product but telling the stories about their struggles, their rights, and their wins — ultimately empowering them to communicate and better connect with their friends, their family, their peers, and their entire network.As an Ava writer, you'll become an Ava ambassador, representing the DHH community and improving their access to the world.
You'd be perfect for this role if:
- You're fully adept at writing to both engage an audience with pertinent articles as well as grow an audience by understanding keywords that can help an article rank in Google and be found by the right audience. SEO is your friend.
- You love telling stories that inspire and delight — the word is your oyster.
- You can write long-form content for articles but can switch gears easily to write scripts for product videos, marketing descriptions for the web site, key points for emails, and materials that help sales.
- Enjoy working with marketing, product, and sales teams to adjust our content strategy to fit with the needs of the audience.
So... what will you do as a Content Writer at Ava?
- Write articles / blog posts, product descriptions, narrative scripts, email copy, and sales materials. Our primary need initially will be articles.
- Edit/diversify content to enable it to be promoted and posted in different formats.
- Understand Ava's audience segments to develop an authentic voice that meets segment-specific, varied needs.
- Be able to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Have a working knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO).
- Liaise with internal teams as needed for clarity on assignments, feedback, and content optimizing.
Job tags: Blog posts SEO
Job region(s): Worldwide/Anywhere
Job stats: 6 2 0