Localization Program Manager
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States - Remote
Awesome MotiveWe offer tools and training to level the playing field for small businesses, so they can grow and compete with the big guys.
Do you love working in an exceptionally talented team to bring the best possible experience to customers? As the Localization Program Manager at Awesome Motive, you’ll build and lead a translations team responsible for localizing content across our products.
We’re looking for an experienced localization lead who has a proven record of successfully hiring and managing a team of translators. In addition to managing, you’ll develop a brand new localization program; this means that you’ll be hiring and leading a team of translators as well as building out processes, internal documentation, and performance metrics. Your exceptional attention to detail will ensure the best possible experience for our customers around the world, helping them to use our products in the language they feel most comfortable with.
💡 Interested in applying?
🔍 Please read/follow the next steps outlined in "How to Apply" at the bottom of this listing.
Attention to detail is one of our core values! This is your chance to stand out :)
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re excited by the idea of using your expertise in localization and management to build out a brand-new program.
- You take pride in the quality of your work and the work of your team.
- You have a knack for anticipating challenges and tackling them before issues crop up.
- You enjoy setting a fast work pace and taking on multiple projects at once.
- You’re an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- You have strong attention to detail, making sure nothing slips through the cracks.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Developing (from scratch) and continually improving systems and processes for localization of our online software - primarily WordPress plugins - and marketing sites.
- Hiring and managing a team of translators.
- Building and reporting performance metrics for both the team and individual levels.
- Accurately estimating and managing project timelines.
- People management experience, including hiring.
- Experience leading a localization team.
- Proven ability to develop, document, and improve internal processes.
- Experience implementing, analyzing, and acting on success metrics.
- Personal computer with strong, reliable internet access.
- Availability to participate in audio/video meetings at any time needed during work hours.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience translating WordPress plugins specifically
- Experience w/TranslationsPress, Transifex, and/or the Polyglots team/GlotPress
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Health Insurance benefits for all employees in India, Pakistan, Brazil, and Ukraine.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for a vacation, stay healthy, and spend time with friends and family.
- Holidays (based on your location)
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Additional Perks such as AM Welcome Box for new team members, Yearly Anniversary Gifts, and Technology Stipend each work anniversary - including a new laptop to celebrate 5 year anniversary with the company.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
Want to find out even more about Awesome Motive? Be sure to take a look at our About, Open Source, and Social Impact pages for details on how Awesome Motive has continued to evolve in order to best help small businesses grow and compete with the big guys, and how we strive to give back.
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am - 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Details about your experience, qualifications, personality, etc are very helpful.
- Your experience with localization, including insight into the type and scope of projects you’ve worked on.
- Your management experience - tell us about how many people you have managed/mentored, projects you have managed, etc.
- Your experience building and improving processes.
- Links to internal documentation samples written by you.
Note that stock/generic cover letters won't do - tell us why you want this job, not just any job.
Also note, don't forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out :)
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
Other jobs like this
Sodexo Canada Ltd
Project Manager - Corporate Services (70302847)College degree Cross-functional Customer service Excel Human Resources Powerpoint Project management +5
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Startup environment
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs