Frontend Engineer - Cloud Secure
Remote - US
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the Role
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant, and Packer. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
This role is for Software Engineering on one of the Vault teams at HashiCorp. Each of these teams works on both open source and enterprise version of each tool with a focus on stability, reliability, performance, and security. Our infrastructure tools are used in critical environments and operated by a range of organizations and individuals to solve infrastructure management problems.
We are looking for experienced Frontend Software Engineers to improve on our existing web interface. You will help design, prototype, and implement core features in the UI alongside our dedicated frontend engineering and design teams.
In this role you can expect to:
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to build, iterate, and ship new features to enhance the Vault UI experience
- Work closely with frontend engineers across teams spanning the HashiCorp product line, coordinating and collaborating on design decisions and standard methodologies
- Immediately start working with design team on implementation, shared scaffolding, etc.
- Interact directly with internal teams, users, and HashiCorp customers, and represent HashiCorp well to the open source community
- Drive software engineering best practices, such as automated testing, cross-browser testing, CI/CD, documentation, and more
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Deep experience with Ember.js
- A passion for user experience
- Experience running, testing, and contributing to a complex front-end web application at large
- You have experience working in a distributed software, networking and cloud computing environment
- Comfort with HTML, templating languages such as Handlebars and ERB, and CSS (including preprocessors such as SASS)
Optional, but nice to have:
- Direct experience with Ember.js, Node.js and Electron - a plus!
- Experience building desktop clients
- Worked on websites with real-time features (e.g., web sockets, server-sent events, long-polling)
- Experience thinking about data and data visualization
- Go experience, if you are interested in occasionally contributing to backend code
- You have experience using Vault
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and on the Vault team in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.