Global Airline Sales Manager – French Speaker - Hybrid/Remote working model
Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating amazing experiences and unforgettable memories - from hotels, city breaks and holidays to theatre, entertainment and spa days. Experts in brightening up online travel, lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, "whatever makes them pink".
lastminute.com is part of lm group, a publicly-traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry. Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 60 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences.
More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel-related products and services.
This role will be responsible for managing all aspects of the relationships between lastminute.com and airlines, growing the company’s airline portfolio, securing differentiated airline content, and increasing airline revenue streams, volumes, and market share.
Main responsibilities include negotiating global airline commercial contracts and commissions and working closely with the lastminute.com media solutions team to sell media products to airlines.
A vital component of this role is securing differentiated airline content to support the company’s strategy of being the European Travel-Tech Leader in Dynamic Holiday Packages. The candidate must also be able to demonstrate a strong ability to identifying new business opportunities.
The Sales Manager represents the commercial team during internal meetings and be adept at presenting in wider business events and conferences, in addition to external airline business meeting, functions and networking events. A key part of this role is to have the ability to communicate relevant business information in a concise and effective way, using the most effective communication channel.
Providing accurate reporting and sales data analysis, monitoring airlines performance and making recommendations to internal stakeholders and airlines to support the company strategies is crucial. Strong collaboration skills are necessary in this role, with a significant amount of daily interaction with many other stakeholders.
- Contribute towards and support the Air Commercial strategy across all lastminute.com markets, managing the day-to-day relationship between lastminute.com Group and airlines.
- Be an expert across all segments of the French aviation market, for scheduled carriers, low cost and charter airlines
- Negotiate airline commercial agreements, content and marketing funds within the parameters set by the air commercial strategy to maximize revenue streams
- Review and provide feedback on airline contracts and liaise with the organisation’s legal team to formulate contracts following the company’s legal governance.
- Secure differentiated airline content from commercial partners and non-commercial partners alike, from scheduled airlines, low cost carriers, or charter providers
- Be instrumental in growing packaging and flight only market share
- Have a strong understanding of NDC and different flights distribution technologies.
- Utilize data sources and reporting tools to build an expert view of the account portfolio and the market in general; being able to share these insights in a concise and clear manner to the wider business
- Identify and explore new revenue streams, developing new business opportunities, whilst closely collaborating with multiple departments across the business.
- Liaise between airlines and internal stakeholders, including the customer service, legal teams and the ADM team to resolve problems and minimize losses.
- Manage the administration and financial reporting for a portfolio of accounts working closely with the finance teams.
- Provide accurate budgeting, forecasting and performance data to the wider business
- Represent the air commercial team in internal meetings; be able to create presentations and communicate the air commercial strategy to the wider business where required
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior airline representatives and be business confident in different cultural settings
- Represent lastminute.com at trade functions
- Regular international travel is a vital part of this role, any candidate must be able to regularly travel, sometimes at short notice. Most travel requirements are within Europe; however the candidate must be able to travel outside of Europe for a number of days at a time
Specialist/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Significant experience in sales management with airlines, both scheduled, low cost or charters within a Tour Operator, Travel Agency, or OTA environment
- Good understanding of the Tour Operator market; in particular relating to the flight component
- Significant experience and understanding of travel E-commerce in France
- Significant successes in securing differentiated content from scheduled airlines, low cost carriers and charter providers
- Thorough understanding of the technology used in flights distribution
- Significant problem-solving skills
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Strong negotiator: ability to effectively negotiate with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills: ability to understand and utilize a wide range of data and information and build data models
- Experience presenting to multiple internal and external stakeholders from a range of different departments, utilizing clear and concise communication skills
- Appreciation and understanding of external and internal influences within the aviation industry and of the challenges and opportunities in the todays aviation market
- High level English skills, both written, oral and aural
- Fluent French language skills
- High degree of individual ownership, adopting a bold approach in negotiations and in all aspects of day-to-day activities
- Demonstrate a high level of the following competencies: striving for success, problem solving and collaboration
- Ability to motivate and inspire, be empathetic, and influence others through creating strong business cases.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, constantly changing, and challenging business environment
- Positive attitude and ability to overcome challenges in a creative way
- Strong organizational and prioritization abilities; be agile and able to juggle multiple tasks pertaining to multiple topics very quickly
- Thorough and meticulous with strong attention to detail,
- Tenacity and ability to find creative solutions
- Proactive team player, ability to interact effectively with all levels of a business organization, whether internal or external
Self-motivated, taking a high level of individual initiative
Able to work remotely, be self-autonomous, prioritize and manage workflow without ongoing guidance
Work to tight deadlines with a ‘can-do’ attitude
What you can expect:
- We offer diverse challenges
- A dynamic, international team
- Hybrid/Remote Working Model opportunity
- Your suggestions are appreciated
- Discounts on travel through our offers
- Flexible working hours
- Learning from each other
- Company events
- Modern hardware
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs