Developer - C#/.Net Core
Home Based / Remote, United Kingdom
NECSWSNEC Software Solutions builds software and services that deliver better outcomes, keeping people safer, healthier and better connected.
Come join us and make a difference in the world!
We’re NEC Software Solutions (part of global tech giant NEC Corporation). While you read this ad, our software is helping to dispatch ambulances, support families, keep trains on the move, locate missing people and even test the hearing of newborn babies.
Working with us, you’ll be helping our 3,000+ employees push the boundaries of what’s possible and support amazing public services.
We work with governments, hospitals, police forces, housing providers, local authorities and more. We help them pay financial support faster, speed up treatments for patients and respond to emergencies in the right way. The more we do, the more our customers can do for others. And together, we make a world of difference.
We’d love your help. And we’ll support you all the way.
Discover more at www.necsws.com
You will directly impact how our organisation builds public safety software by delivering a reliable communication capability.
- Develop scalable multi-tier solutions that will operate 24x7 and are hosted by ourselves or others.
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Mentor less experienced colleagues using both your technical knowledge and leadership skills to help build a business critical team.
- Collaborate with other cross-domain teams.
- Occasional UK travel to support the NATS (Network Approval Testing Service) accreditation process.
- Demonstrable experience with object oriented design, coding and testing using C# and .NET Core.
- Comfortable with Agile methods, such as Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Experience with relational databases, database architecture, and distributed transaction management.
Non essential bonus experience/skills:
- Working knowledge of technology such as Azure, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience of critical communications standards such as TETRA / Airwave, LTE or 3GPP.
We are proud of the benefits we offer employees of NEC Software Solutions
- LinkedIn Learning - access to all lessons and videos
- Private Medical Cover funded by NEC for Employees (with the option to add family members at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover funded by NEC (with the option to increase cover at an additional cost)
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions up to a maximum of 8.5%
- A fantastic selection of flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
We are an employer who cares, we have a invaluable employee assistance programme which can help in every area of your life
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
NEC is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs