Software Engineer, Compute Team
Software engineers on the compute team serve a vital role in our Influxdb Cloud 2.0 platform through the development and maintenance of service infrastructure and tools to improve performance, observability and availability. As a member of this team, you will have opportunities to apply your skills to create value across the entire engineering organization. The team's goal is to create value internally for all influx engineers, as well as externally for end users, by designing robust platforms for executing a variety of data storage and retrieval workloads.
What you'll be doing
- Backend API development to support the Influx UI as well as third-party clients
- Design and implement internal tooling to improve developer productivity
- Data engineering to support user-interface features
- Design scalable distributed execution platforms
- Ensure that users' workloads are completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Establish and uphold engineering best practices applied across projects and teams
- Work independently but collaboratively on a tight knit distributed team focused on delivering high quality results.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or related field
- Self motivation and a drive to get to “done”.
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience working with distributed development teams.
- Go programming experience
- Prior professional engineering experience building and shipping multi-tenant software with a SaaS delivery model.
- Experience with non-relational databases (examples: InfluxDB, MongoDB, Redis, Etcd).
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.