Technical Program Manager, Workloads
New York City, NY, Remote North America
MongoDBGet your ideas to market faster with a developer data platform built on the leading modern database. MongoDB makes working with data easy.
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Technical Program Management team is responsible for devising, implementing, and improving the processes (and associated tools) that help MongoDB succeed in everything we do. Our mission is to provide excellence in the management of initiatives and projects that are aligned with our business goals.
As a Technical Program Manager, you’ll work closely with the Program Management team to help oversee the roll out of critical projects and initiatives under the Workloads program, from idea to implementation. Technical Program Managers are responsible for process improvements, project management, change management, and performing agile ceremonies.
This role can be based out of our New York City office or remotely in the North America region.
- Act as the glue between Analytics, Data, Engineering, Product, and their Stakeholders
- Develop and train teams on processes that work for all these teams to deliver predictable and reliable results to stakeholders, and hold the team accountable to them.
- Track delivery of project requirements, and develop reports that support the needs of business executives
- Identify risks to our releases, mitigating them where possible and communicating them when not
- Ensure Agile best practices to deliver on team commitments
- Support the delivery of program optimization and continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of the product and related systems, and manage projects as needed.
- Constantly expand your knowledge into new domains, and leverage your experience to drive success across multiple teams.
The right candidate for this role will be
- Experienced with at least 6 years of Program or Project Management
- Experienced with at least 4 years working with programming bespoke software solutions.
- Experienced with at least 2 years working in Jira.
- Experienced with at least 2 years of being a Scrum Master.
- Able to deliver projects on schedule.
- Comfortable communicating with a diverse set of people, ranging from engineers to executives.
- Able to learn quickly, adapt to a dynamic, collaborative work environment.
- Inspired to identify and innovate in areas where automation can replace manual work
- Able to understand the engineering concepts being discussed, allowing them to facilitate discussion and flesh out the details required to ensure successful delivery
- Demonstrated prioritization capabilities, with the ability to break down work into manageable parts while effectively assessing the priority and time required for completion
- Comfortable working with a global team across multiple time zones, as needed to facilitate our stakeholder schedules.
- Hyper-organized with a strong attention to detail, and capable of juggling all of the data associated with projects and task-tracking to meet tight deadlines.
- In 3 months you will be fully ramped and executing existing processes
- In 6 months you’ll have taken complete ownership of improving these processes
- In 12 months you’ll have completed process improvements across MongoDB
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Other jobs like this
Project Manager, Financial Services & Health OperationsBanking Blockchain Compliance Cross-functional Data Science Financial services FinTech +3
Career development Equity Health care Insurance Parental leave +3
Global Complaint Monitoring Program ManagerBanking Blockchain Compliance Cross-functional Excel Financial services InfoSec +2
Career development Equity Health care Insurance Parental leave +4
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs