Controls Electrical Engineer
Perrysburg, OH, United States
O-IO-I crafts the iconic as the world’s leading glass bottle manufacturer
About O-I MAGMA
At MAGMA, we are reimagining the glassmaking process, we are not afraid to push boundaries as we transform an industry that has manufactured glass in nearly the same way for over 100 years. We threw away the play book and went about designing and implementing new technology, innovating processes and bringing new benefits to our customers. This is just the beginning as we expand our offering and implement future technologies across our operations.
We are part of O-I, who with 25,000 + employees and an unparalleled footprint spanning 70 plants in 20 countries, provides us with the opportunity to make an impact on a global scale.
About the role:
In this position you will have the opportunity to be part of a global, innovative, sustainable, and innovative team that is creating something disruptive with top technologies. You will also work in a highly collaborative, diverse environment with people who are passionate about what they do.
We are looking for people who think outside the box, with initiative, creative minds, lifelong learners, good team players who want to be part of this transformation and make a real impact.
Working in and promoting an environment that operates on the following principles:
- Critical strategic objectives are associated with breakthrough and/or disruptive market opportunities.
- A dedicated organization model, based on entrepreneurial spirit and approach.
- A strong sense of urgency; driven by the vital importance of "speed-to-market."
- Teams are empowered with high level of autonomy within this framework.
- Act as both SME and “Controls Engineer” willing to help others to identify and meet the needs of squad, strategic partners, and communities.
o Bring expertise and develop standards in line with a state-of-the-art manufacturing processes
o Lead control system projects from inception to completion
o Prepare scope of work and functional specification documents
o Understand the voice of the customer with the manufacturing development and operations teams to create inputs to control system requirements
o Direct the work of external partners and systems integrators by providing technical guidance in the design, development, installation, and commissioning phases
o Ensure complete and accurate drawings and project documentation.
o Review and/or design PLC, HMI, DCS, and SCADA systems.
o Review and/or design power distribution systems and one-line drawings
o Troubleshoot automation systems (Siemens, Beckhoff, and Allen-Bradley)
o Facilitate and perform training and support for operations and engineering staff
o Collaborate closely with IT to deploy solutions
• This role has no direct reports
• This role will work closely with employees or strategic partners, suppliers or contractors within the specified discipline/focus area:
o Technical Employees within the Squad; engineers and scientists of varying disciplines.
o Vendors – Specific resources or a complete agreement with the partner.
o Contractors – Specific resources or a complete agreement with the partner.
o Strategic Partners – Specific resources or a complete agreement with the partner
Able to occasionally perform physically demanding job task;
• Work in high temperature environments
• Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or electrical engineering technology preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of modern industrial networking protocols and industrial network design
• Demonstrated knowledge of control panel design and build process
• Demonstrated knowledge of modern control system practices, procedures, equipment and communication protocols
• Demonstrated knowledge of instrumentation and sensor selection and specification
• Understanding of industry specific standards
• Strong understanding of electrical power systems
• Detail oriented to spot inaccuracies and find solutions
• Strong decision making and judgment skills
• Team Orientated Individual– must have excellent people skills
• Strong communication skills
• 7-9 years of experience with design and development of process control and automation systems.
• Travel is expected to be domestic and international around 25-30% - will be to our manufacturing sites and suppler facilities.
If you are ready to collaborate with our team apply now
What we offer:
If you are you looking for a new challenge, one that is different to the other opportunities in the glass packaging industry then we could be the place for you. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative team, that is able to act fast, test new ideas and is not afraid to fail. We operate in fully-flexible environment, trusting our team to deliver by creating a culture of trust, recognition and support.
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious and collaborative, we’d like to hear from you. Please apply now or for a confidential conversation please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Other jobs like this
Data Engineer- Data Warehouse & ETL (Public Sector, USA)Agile AWS Azure BigQuery Clearance Cloud Computer Science +13
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave Startup environment +1
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs