JamfWe help organizations succeed with Apple providing ability to manage Apple devices, connect users to resources and protect your business from cyber threats.
At Jamf, people are at the core of everything we do. We do what’s right for our customers, our employees, our communities and our world. We take pride in simplifying technology for tens of thousands of customers around the globe and helping organizations succeed with Apple.
Jamf operates as a choice-based office model. Choose to work in the office, connect 100% remote from your home, or find the blend that works best for you.
What you'll do at Jamf:
At Jamf we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. In this role the Systems Development Engineer II at Jamf is responsible for automation and development of our backend infrastructure that powers the Jamf Cloud that our customers rely on to manage Apple devices in their organizations. This includes providing the internal infrastructure that our Software Development Engineers use to build and deploy Jamf products in the Cloud.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain production environments by identifying and applying automation, tools, and techniques such as Infrastructure as Code, Configuration as Code, Serverless, and Containerization.
- Ensure security best practices are identified and integrated into system designs and configuration.
- Assist in evaluating, planning, configuration, and implementation of new software services.
- Develop custom tools and automation through programming and scripting.
- Support Software Development by maintaining and scaling our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environment as needed.
- Apply Data Lifecycle Management to sensitive data through backups, permissions management, and auditing.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, triaging and escalating alerts, and assisting in disaster recovery as necessary for services the team is responsible for.
- Member of an Agile Team providing code reviews, velocity estimation, planning input, and participating in other Agile Methodology workflows.
- Work and communicate effectively with Product Owners, Development teams, and Cloud and Delivery teams.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 year experience in one or more of (Required):
- Continuous Integration Tools and Techniques (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Github Actions)
- Configuration management and deployment tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- Systems Administration or similar role focused on performance analysis, capacity planning, and forecasting.
- Minimum of 2 year experience as a power user of various operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows, Mac) (Required).
- Minimum of 2 year experience in a current programming language (e.g. Python, Golang) (Required)
- Minimum of 2 year experience using Source Control Management tools (e.g. Git, Subversion) (Required).
- Minimum of 2 year experience using issue tracking software (e.g. JIRA) (Preferred).
- Experience developing enterprise grade software with understanding of the software development life cycle (Preferred).
- Experience with infrastructure as code techniques (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation) (Preferred)
- Experience in enterprise security and hardening best practices (Preferred).
- Experience building and maintaining cloud native services (e.g. Amazon Web Services) (Preferred)
- Experience working with monitoring and logging tools (e.g. LogicMonitor, Sumologic, ELK) (Preferred)
- Experience with containerization concepts and Kubernetes (Preferred)
- Experience working with structured databases (e.g. MySQL, DynamoDB) (Preferred)
Education & Certifications:
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered.
- Certificates commonly held by those in the role include one or more of: LPIC-1, LPIC-2, LPIC-3, RHCE (RedHat Certified Engineer), AWS Solutions Architect Associate, AWS Certified Developer Associate, AWS Certified SysOps Associate. (Preferred)
How we help you reach your best potential:
- Named a Best Workplace for Women, 2021.
- Our developers work in agile delivery teams to produce new features, improve software components, and are the subject matter experts for our Jamf product offerings.
- You will have the opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 60,000 global customers with the best Apple device management solution in the world.
- We constantly push the boundaries of technology, our developers support new innovations and OS releases the moment they are made available by Apple.
- You will have the opportunity to work with a small and empowered team where the culture is based on trust, ownership, and respect.
- We encourage you to simply be you. We constantly seek and value different perspectives to ensure Jamf is a place where everyone feels comfortable and can be successful.
- 23 of 25 world’s most valuable brands rely on Jamf to do their best work (as ranked by Forbes)
- Over 100,000 Jamf Nation users, the largest online IT community in the world
What is a Jamf?
You go above and beyond for others, are willing to help, and support the team around you. You value and learn from different perspectives. You are curious and resourceful, a problem-solver, self-driven and constantly improving. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You are someone who cares about doing the right thing.
What does Jamf do?
Jamf extends the legendary Apple experience people enjoy in their personal lives to the workplace. We believe the experience of using a device at work or school should feel the same, and be as secure as, using a personal device. With Jamf, IT and security teams are able to confidently manage and protect Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV devices, easing the burden of updating, deploying and securing the data used by their end-users. Jamf’s purpose is to simplify work by helping organizations manage and secure an Apple experience that end-users love and organizations trust.
We are free-thinkers, can-doers and problem crushers with a passion for helping customers empower their workforce to focus on their jobs, not the hassles of managing technology – freeing nurses to care, teachers to teach and businesses to thrive. We have over 2,500 employees worldwide who are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work each and every day.
Get social with us and follow the conversation at #OneJamf
Other jobs like this
User Experience (UX) ArchitectCX Project management Prototyping Research Sketch Usability testing User Experience +2
Career development Fertility benefits Health care Home office stipend Insurance +1
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs