Backend Software Engineer
Remote, United States
Spot AITurn your Video Security into Video Intelligence. Make video footage actionable with cloud and edge computing so you can instantly surface and resolve problems.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2018 by engineers from Stanford, Cisco Meraki and Samsara, Spot AI is upending the $30 billion video surveillance market with an AI Camera System to help people at work use video footage beyond security. In the process, we're disrupting Video Security, to create a new category of Video Intelligence.
Spot AI is experiencing remarkable growth, is deployed at 1000s of locations across businesses in 17 industry verticals, ranging from SMB to enterprise customers like SpaceX, ExtraSpace Storage, Halliburton and YMCA.
We are backed by Redpoint, Bessemer Ventures and Village Global. Please explore our website for more!
Who You Are:
You are a strong backend engineer with devops experience. You are customer-focused, and enjoy collaborating with a small team of world-class engineers to solve complex problems at scale. You have worked in a start-up or high growth company and have shipped products into production. Example projects include designing and maintaining our public-facing API and building custom, actionable observability tools to empower our internal teams. You'll have the opportunity to lead cross-team efforts and establish engineering best practices across the entire organization.
What Excites You:
- Learning about customer problems and directly solving them with your work
- Designing and implementing backend services that scale
- Having end-to-end ownership of projects, working closely with our Product team to guide implementation
- Working at a rapidly growing early stage startup with significant impact on the company’s processes, culture, and product
- Building and maintaining highly scalable and user-friendly observability tools
What Gets Our Attention:
- 3+ years of shipping complex, production quality backend services at scale
- Demonstrated expertise with public REST API design and implementation
- Mastery of at least one common server programming language (Go, Typescript)
- Experience with one of the major cloud platforms, preferably GCP
- Experience with devops and infrastructure management
- Experience with pub/sub messaging or event streaming frameworks nice to have
What’s In It For You:
- Base Salary Range: $155,000 - $185,000. Offered salary will be based on the offered candidate’s demonstrated attributes and competencies related to the role, as well as the offered candidate’s geographical location within the United States. Your recruiting partner can share more details about the compensation range as it relates to your geography once your interview process has begun.
- Generous early stage equity
- Medical, dental and vision plan options
- 401K with Employer Match
- Flexible and supportive time off practices, including self-managed PTO and a 14-week new parent leave policy
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Remote work flexibility, including a stipend to set up your ideal home office
What We Value:
We operate under a trio of company values:
- Customer First, Always. We are relentlessly curious about our customer’s goals, and seek the simplest solutions to solve their problems.
- Own Your Outcomes. We bias towards action, move fast, and iterate. Everyone on our team is empowered to make decisions.
- It’s a team effort. We help each other succeed. We leverage each other’s strengths to accomplish big goals together.
And, we are creating and cultivating a diverse and inclusive culture where we celebrate individuals for what they accomplish, no matter who they are! As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come join our journey!
Other jobs like this
Senior Backend Software Engineer, Trading Infrastructure (100% Remote)Backend Blockchain Golang High performance Integrations Java Product management +5
Career development Flexible spending account Flex vacation Health care Insurance +1
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs