LeidosLeidos is a global leader in the integration and application of information technology, engineering, and science to solve the customers' most demanding challenges.
Every person at Leidos plays an important and valued role bringing science, engineering and technology together to produce practical solutions for our customers’ most complex problems. It’s how we help to make the world safer, healthier and more efficient - work that matters and a mission, like those of our customers, we are passionate about. We’re open minded, ambitious and committed to enabling our people to do their best work, to be inspired by what they can achieve and the impact they can have.
Here in Australia, we’re agile and growing fast. Our 1,400 employees are busy building an enviable reputation for innovation and delivery. And, as part of a US-based organisation with 37,000 people and a 50 year history, we are able to draw upon world-leading technical expertise to help us provide the best solutions to our customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead to join our high performing Command, Control, Communications & Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) line of business, working on a nationally significant, and highly visible federal government customer. The project is focussed on developing the data processing platform that drives one of the most visited websites in Australia. This role is multi-faceted and we’re looking for a unique individual who is able to contribute broadly across the software development lifecycle; DevOps; Data Integration; Release Management; and Software Management.
The individual we are looking for is highly motivated and able to work flexibly with broad experience across the lifecycle, and interested in managing teams and leading people.
The individual we are looking for will also be experience in and appreciate the ins and outs of system development methodologies, tools, practices and approaches such that best practices and novel concepts can be thoughtfully devised and experimented with in our endless search for optimal development and delivery performance.
The successful candidate(s) will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi-technology platforms, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle complex problems in a unique environment. We are looking for hands-on and experienced people that love everything about building software, solving engineering problems, and leveraging innovative ideas and technologies.
- Driving a team to effectively coordinate releases into production and non-production environments ensuring a consistent, repeatable, improvable and fast process in support of a methodology based on agile work practices
- Demonstrated ability to work with Operations, Development and architecture teams, and ability to build relationships with key customer stakeholders
- Provide high quality advice, guidance and support in the release and environment management process
- Identification of automation opportunities, and capacity to drive efficiency into the teams tasking
- Provide centralised and consistent source of knowledge as to the variety of activities undertaken by the team.
- Design, implement and manage a system of workload allocation within the team, tracking and monitoring various process and providing periodic reporting as to sprint outcomes
- Ensuring teams follow the defined Agile delivery rhythms
- Pro-actively unblock impediments by applying appropriate techniques and methodologies to enable efficiency and collaboration between all technical teams
- Engage with all members of the team to maintain same level of understanding on various project issues
- Maintain collaboration tools hosted on various environments.
About You and What You'll Bring:
- A love of all things software and a desire to solve interesting problems through coding;
- Being adaptable to change and pivoting where required;
- Significant hands-on experience in delivering a variety of software solutions;
- Being familiar with a range of relevant technologies including but not limited to: Java, NiFi, Ansible, Spring, Python, PostgreSQL;
- Being familiar with a range of relevant technical domains including but not limited to: geospatial technologies; data management; automated build and deployments; cloud technologies;
- Hand-on experience in setting up software development tool-chains including but not limited to configuration management tools, artefact management tools, code quality and security analysis tools, automated testing tools, integrated software development environments, continuous integration tools, collaboration tools, and software and architecture modelling tools.
- Understand and uses appropriate modelling approaches, including logical models of components, modules and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems and software architectures in specific business or functional areas;
- Preferred understanding of ITIL Processes and how Release Management integrates with the other ITIL Processes
- Inquisitive attitude, willing to ask if there is a better way of operating
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve deliverables and positive outcomes
What you’ll love
This is a fast growing business currently implementing a range of business improvement initiatives, so you’ll have the chance to see some market leading technologies implemented across the function along with contributing to building further on the progressive work currently being developed. We offer a flexible working environment where it’s possible to design your ideal work week.
You’ll be joining a fun and friendly team who support each other closely and love to celebrate together.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs