Security Solutions - Product Designer
Posted 1 month ago
Elastic is looking for a creative, communicative, and hands-on product designer to join the Elastic Security engineering team and help design the future of security solutions. Elastic Security is a new kind of security solution that is combining SIEM and host based security use cases to protect the world’s data from attack. As a Product Designer on our team, you will use your creativity along with your user research, user experience, and design skills to help the team create the features needed to deliver a world-class, simple, and intuitive security solution.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborating with engineers, product designers, and product managers to ensure high-quality feature implementation and user experience.
- Conducting user research, presenting insights to the team, and incorporating user feedback into your design work.
- Whiteboarding with your team to visualize workflows and requirements.
- Creating user flows, low-fidelity wireframes, high-fidelity mocks, and prototypes.
- Leveraging Figma and the EUI component library to create and share your work.
- Participating in open design critiques by presenting your work and providing feedback to the work of others.
What you bring along:
- 3+ years of product design experience
- Experience with Figma or similar design tools
- Experience working on complex web applications or SaaS products
- Experience working with design systems and demonstrated ability to apply reusable patterns and components to the system as a whole.
- Consideration of how low-level design decisions affect the big picture and the future evolution of the UX.
- Excellent communication skills with a successful track record of translating your design ideas into words and wireframes.
- A positive attitude and an appreciation for open communication and feedback. Our best features are a product of diverse ideas, collaboration, and a sense of pride in our work.
- Experience/passion working in cybersecurity
- Experience leading user research and usability testing
- Experience building accessible user experiences
- General terminal and git/GitHub skills
- Excited about being a part of a growing UX team
Additional information - we take care of our people:
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.