Product Manager, Cloud Sources
Posted 1 month ago
Overview:At Segment, we strive to give customers the tools they need to collect, govern, synthesize and act on all of their customer data. We’ve recently joined forces with Twilio, the world’s leading cloud communication platform that enables businesses to engage customers across all channels, from text to Whatsapp to email and we’re partnering with them to build the customer engagement platform of the future. We’re hiring someone to join our team to double down on our investment in cloud sources, with the goal of bringing more, richer data into our customers hands, and in all the tools where they need to use it. We’ve always strived to provide the elusive “Single View of the Customer” to our customers in all their tools, and the final step on this journey is what we’re building next, to bring in data from tools like Salesforce, Zendesk, etc. This is an incredible opportunity at the confluence of Segment and Twilio’s product strategy, with plenty of room to shepherd an existing area of the product, used by nearly 50% of our customer base, into a new phase of growth and opportunity for our customers.
Who We’re Looking For:
- You can translate between the technical details, customer problems, and business impact of the team’s work.
- You are a strong communicator. From pitching our leadership team on what customers need to see from our products, to spec-ing a feature with a partner, you’re able to thoughtfully and clearly explain fundamental reasons behind your decisions.
- You have experience in the ETL or ELT space and are excited about building the next generation of products in it.
- You can build highly leveraged products that can be used as the cornerstone for customers across a broad portfolio of use cases.
- You’re not shy about diving in deep with engineering, customers, and our go to market teams.
- You are not just comfortable with data, you have a passion for it.
- You can run a tight ship, prioritizing a robust stream of work into cohesive, incremental releases.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Unique opportunity to help shape the strategy for what customers can do with all of their data in the core of our product
- A welcoming and collaborative environment with people who love working on hard problems.
- A strong partnership with engineering, design, cross functional stakeholders, and our customers.
- By joining a company that is already the market leader in both Customer Data Platforms and Communication Platforms, you’ll help lead the digital transformation that empowers companies across the globe to create best-in-class customer engagement and experiences which create remarkable customer value and satisfaction.
- 4+ years of Product Management experience.
- Prior experience working with tools like Fivetran, Airflow, DBT, or other ELT/ETL tools.
- Experience creating product roadmap(s) from conception to launch, driving product vision, defining go-to-market strategy and leading design discussions.
- Ability to achieve strategic goals and evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Bonus Points (Preferred qualifications):
- Experience with managing data heavy products.
- Experience as an engineer, data analyst, or technical project manager.
- You are a Segment user and champion. You are familiar with our product and have seen it drive key business results and transformational change at companies.
Job tags: Airflow ETL Product management Research Salesforce
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 1 0 0