Product Manager, Storage Destinations
Posted 1 month ago
Overview:At Segment, we strive to give customers the tools they need to collect, govern, synthesize and act on all of their customer data. We’ve recently joined forces with Twilio, the world’s leading cloud communication platform that enables businesses to engage customers across all channels, from text to Whatsapp to email and we’re partnering with them to build the customer engagement platform of the future. We’re hiring someone to join our team to lead our storage destinations product line. This line started with our Warehouses products, which are heavily used and loved by many of our largest customers, to manage loading all of their customer data into Snowflake, Redshift, and more. Last year, this team shipped Data Lakes, which is the next evolution in this journey, allowing customers to more easily plug their customer data into their machine learning and advanced analytics workflows with a more flexible query layer. We’re looking for someone to lead what’s next for these destinations, and help evolve them not just for customers but also for internal teams within Segment and Twilio alike.
Who We’re Looking For:
- You can translate between the technical details, customer problems, and business impact of the team’s work.
- You are a strong communicator. From pitching our leadership team on what customers need to see from our products, to spec-ing a feature with a partner, you’re able to thoughtfully and clearly explain fundamental reasons behind your decisions.
- You have experience working with data warehouses or data lakes.
- You can build highly leveraged products that can be used as the cornerstone for customers across a broad portfolio of use cases.
- You’re not shy about diving in deep with engineering, customers, and our go to market teams.
- You are not just comfortable with data, you have a passion for it.
- You can run a tight ship, prioritizing a robust stream of work into cohesive, incremental releases.
What you’ll get out of it:
- The opportunity to build the next evolution of Segment’s storage destination platform for use by our biggest customers and internal stakeholders alike.
- A welcoming and collaborative environment with people who love working on hard problems.
- A strong partnership with engineering, design, cross functional stakeholders, and our customers.
- By joining a company that is already the market leader in both Customer Data Platforms and Communication Platforms, you’ll help lead the digital transformation that empowers companies across the globe to create best-in-class customer engagement and experiences which create remarkable customer value and satisfaction.
- 4+ years of Product Management experience.
- Prior experience working with data warehousing products or machine learning platforms.
- Experience creating product roadmap(s) from conception to launch, driving product vision, defining go-to-market strategy and leading design discussions.
- Ability to achieve strategic goals and evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Bonus Points (Preferred qualifications):
- Experience with managing data heavy products.
- Experience as an engineer, data analyst, or technical project manager.
- You are a Segment user and champion. You are familiar with our product and have seen it drive key business results and transformational change at companies.
Job tags: Machine Learning Product management Redshift Research
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 0 0 0