Senior Product Manager, Personas - Identity
Posted 1 month ago
Overview: At Segment, we strive to help businesses use data to provide their customers with highly personalized, effective experiences that drive value. Sitting on top of Segment’s data infrastructure and pipelines, Personas is the brain that provides businesses with easy-to-use yet powerful ways of applying customer data to business needs. We’ve recently joined forces with Twilio, the world’s leading cloud communication platform that enables businesses to engage customers across all channels, from text to Whatsapp to email and we’re partnering with them to build the customer engagement platform of the future. Personas sits strategically at the center of this customer engagement platform. We’re hiring a Senior Product Manager to lead the product vision, strategy, and execution of the identity team. Identity is one of the fundamental building blocks within Personas that allows businesses to magically tie fragmented customer experiences together. As the product leader of this team you’ll partner closely with engineering to manage the identity resolution engine, along with the features built on top of identity like the User Explorer and the Profile API used for in-app personalization. You’ll also partner closely with other Segment teams and Twilio to bring identity to the center of all products within the customer engagement platform.
Who We’re Looking For:
- You are a strategic thinker with a strong product sense and are obsessed with making and proving business impact. You’re able to distill a lot different signals into a clear plan of action in the face of ambiguity.
- You are a strong communicator. From pitching our leadership team on what customers need to see from our products, to spec-ing a feature with a partner, you’re able to thoughtfully and clearly explain fundamental reasons behind your decisions.
- You are comfortable working with cross-functional stakeholders and drive deep customer relationships.
- You’re a strong partner to engineering, able to understand complicated technical concepts, and explain them to a non-technical audience.
- You can inspire and run a tight ship, organizing a robust stream of work into cohesive, incremental releases.
- You are not just comfortable with data, you have a passion for it.
- You have customer empathy and center them in your decisions.
- You thrive in and will grow a positive culture of inclusivity.
What you’ll get out of it:
- A unique opportunity to lead a platform product and drive the vision of how it powers all Segment/Twilio products going forwards
- The opportunity to work within Personas, one of Segment’s fastest growing businesses.
- A welcoming and collaborative environment with people who love working on hard problems.
- The opportunity to grow into managing multiple adjacent product areas.
- A strong partnership with design, engineering, cross functional stakeholders, and our customers.
- By joining a company that is already the market leader in both Customer Data Platforms and Communication Platforms, you’ll help lead the digital transformation that empowers companies across the globe to create best-in-class customer engagement and experiences which create remarkable customer value and satisfaction.
- 3+ years of product management experience, ideally for a developer product and experience in technical roles
- Strong technical competency, especially with distributed data systems, cloud computing, and stream processing
- Experience creating product roadmap(s) from conception to launch, driving product vision, defining go-to-market strategy and leading design discussions.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, including product management, engineering, UX/UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
- Ability to achieve strategic goals and evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends in an innovative and fast-paced environment. Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Bonus points (Preferred qualifications):
- You are a Segment user and champion. You are familiar with our product and have seen it drive key business results and transformational change at companies.
- Experience as an engineer, data analyst, working with customer data
- Experience with identity infrastructure and deterministic vs probabilistic models
Job tags: API Cross-functional Product management Research UI UX
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 0 0 0