Senior Product Manager
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
Posted 1 month ago
Join the team engineering the way food is ordered in the future
Now is your chance to join the most innovative subsidiary of the largest food delivery company in the world. Experience a unique opportunity to apply creative thinking and your skills to help shape the way in which food is ordered in the future.
Behind us we have 7 years’ experience developing a systems integration platform that benefited food delivery companies so much so that Just Eat Takeaway.com acquired us outright. Today, we are deploying this technology into thousands of restaurant locations across 20 countries. Our product is a restaurant API that integrates data from existing restaurant systems, like orders, bookings and menus, to the end consumer apps and restaurant back office systems. Ahead of us is a vision where every restaurant in the world will use our technology; a future that our teams will help build.
You will play an integral role in our small but fast paced company where people work remotely across three continents, engaging with the biggest restaurant brands in an industry where there is even greater growth potential. You will be part of a cross functional squad owning the vision and roadmap to enable the deployment of our technology to become even quicker and with less friction, so that it is achieved at the touch of a button.
We value five key areas, which we embrace and use to define ourselves: Care, Transparency, Individual Leadership, Enthusiasm, and Results Achievement. These values give us the guiding principles to make our own choices, share openly with one another, achieve what we intend to, support our teammates, and maintain passion for the work we do.
- You will play an integral role in our small, fast paced company where people work remotely across three continents, engaging with the biggest restaurant brands in an industry where there is ongoing growth potential.
- You’ll be engaging with third party integrators, including restaurants, POS providers, delivery aggregators, agencies and other technology companies to understand and improve the experience of developing and integrating with Flyt and the Just Eat Takeaway Group.
- You will be focused on designing new features for our internal and external facing products that give our customers the ultimate user experience, while maintaining design consistency and feature parity across territories.
- You’ll have a clear view of what product needs exist, how to meet those needs, and will drive results by building an actionable product roadmap. Along with product managers at Flyt, Skip, Just Eat and Takeaway.com you will identify the biggest impact areas and propose these as goals for squads to deliver on.
- You will work closely with software developers, project managers and client stakeholders to help shape and scope how our integrations work, and how to transform, transmit and combine new data, ensuring they meet client requirements and can also be scaled to serve other future clients as part of our product.
- We want the most capable Product Managers with demonstrable skills in bringing to life the best digital customer experiences. You need to show us that you will lead the way; contribute to decision making, always be goal-focused and deliver the very best product. Only those with a strong background working in high impact projects should apply.
- In return, we will support you to be as successful as possible at Flyt, heavily investing in your personal development and generously rewarding you for achieving our shared goals.
What you’ll be doing
Here’s what your day-to-day looks like:
- Working with client stakeholders, other Flyt product managers and software developers to establish product plans with timelines to ensure successful rollout to our clients
- Understanding customer journeys, creating user experience flows and presenting them with a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
- Prototyping new features regularly and at pace
- Designing new features for our core products in alignment with our product vision
- User testing for new product features or larger scale changes
- Evangelising product changes to internal and external stakeholders
- You will host and broadcast regular product development and rollout updates to keep stakeholders informed, providing status updates on all deliverables and customer issues (and how they are being resolved)
- Provide clear communication and act as a coordination channel between squads and the wider organization
You must have
- Min. 2 years working on technology-powered products as a product manager
- Min. 1 year experience in a role where you were responsible for product design/UX
- Experience working in SaaS company, the ability to understand complex technical product solutions, and how they impact the business goals
- Demonstrable understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- You understand the importance of metrics, KPIs, and other data to show the value and impact of product features
- Basic understanding and use of APIs to communicate between systems
- Problem-solving skills/resilience – you will be able to overcome challenges to any hurdle standing in the way of hitting the project deadline
- Results and detail orientation – have a high attention to detail, to maintain the high standards that we set for all of our products and a strong commitment to delivering results
- You have an ownership mindset: you are comfortable with both responsibility and accountability
- Excellent communication, both verbal as well as written, and the ability to build positive relationships with clients
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, handle quickly changing priorities on multiple projects, and be capable of managing resources to achieve maximum results
- Working across multi-functional teams
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
Nice to have
- Any experience as a software engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher
- Strong technical skills and experience
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Experience with online Food Delivery Services
- POS and other related restaurant technologies
- Hospitality/Payments experience
- Experience delivering Agile projects
- Familiar with platforms built on microservice
- Training and facilitation experience
- Strategic thinking
Working with us
You’ll love working here if:
- Remote working is your thing!
- You can’t wait to roll up your sleeves and build a great product with a dedicated team
- You love having a goal, and having the autonomy to decide the best way to go for it
- You obsess over personal growth. Feedback, Coaching, Learning, Teaching.
- You like to communicate transparently (majority of our #slack channels are public!), and are willing to listen to your peers, earn trust and show up curious
- Competitive Salary up to £80,000 per annum depending on experience
- Flexibility with how you want to work (we’ve been a remote-first company for about a year now)
- Access to coaches on leadership, product, tech and sales
- Macbook Pro to enable you to do your job well
- The training budget you need to help you level-up
- A bonus pool
- Paid annual leave per annum
- A wellbeing programme designed to provide you with the tools, should you need, to ensure you are your happy and healthy self!
- A leadership development programme (LDP) and engineering development programme (EDP) to support you in levelling up
- Company-wide remote socials (attendance is, of course, not mandatory although we highly encourage it as we are a social bunch!
- Quarterly meets at different locations around the world where we all get together, plan for the next quarter and have some fun (slightly on hold until it’s safe to do so again)
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing company with global expansion plans and operations spanning Europe, North America and Australasia.
The hiring experience
We have a 3 stage process when it comes to hiring. There will be an initial 20/30 min Google Hangout with one of our hiring managers, 60 minute technical assessment with relevant person in that role i.e. Developer, Project Managers, etc and finally a culture interview with two of the team (a Tribe Lead and one other). A final decision will be made post the culture interview.
We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing everyone at Flyt to bring their true selves to work every day.