San Francisco, CA OR Remote
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We’re seeking a People Partner that will be a key part of how we enable the impact of our people at Planet. You got into People because you live to see folks succeed, belong and thrive. As our next People Partner you will have the ability to build, create, and implement meaningful programs, see your ideas turn into action, and work closely with a team of passionate humans on a mission to change the world. We work together as one team with a goal of collaborating, iterating, and problem-solving together. The sky is no longer the limit!
Impact You’ll Own:
- Build relationships of trust with Planet employees, leaders, and teams; Use Planet’s mission, values and aspirations toward full belonging as a guiding compass in your recommendations and decision making
- Integrate and partner with colleagues in the Talent, Belonging, Learning & Development, Compensation, People Analytics, Legal, and Special Programs teams to implement solutions for an agile business
- Contribute to the full lifecycle of the employee experience from Onboarding to Off-boarding
- Provide strategic business partnership and coaching to all levels for your dedicated organizations; facilitate organizational design and team building that instills Planet’s values as well as helps support change and growth
- Proactively assess team, employee and manager development needs; make recommendations, provide feedback, and implement appropriate solutions
- Facilitate the overall employee engagement survey cycle;Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the People Operations team to proactively provide recommendations, identify trends, and implement programs.
What You Bring:
- Proven experience in a People (HR) Business Partner capacity at a dynamic organization
- Experience working to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience within various people functions with broad organizational responsibility
- Demonstrated project management and change management experience
- Strong analytical and presentation skills; able to influence and drive consensus from key stakeholders across the company with data-driven recommendations
- Communication, interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, teamwork and leadership experience
- Understanding of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion work and how it shows up in the role of a People Partner
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience working within both early and growth stage environments
- Understanding of how to help global organizations scale
- A love for operating in fast-paced environments where things are constantly evolving
- Experience working in a tech & product focused organization
- Experience supporting both sales and technically focused teams
- Experience with a Global workforce
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.