Account Director, EMEA
Sales | Account Management | Account Growth
🚀 Who are we?
At Grip, we’re passionate about bringing professionals together to move markets forward faster. Our leading Market Engagement Platform for Event Organisers enables our clients to create Virtual, Hybrid, and Live event experiences in a single solution. Making it easier for event participants to connect, engage and do business.
Grip works with 12 out of 20 of the largest Event Organisers globally and is known for its leading AI-powered matchmaking engine, used to establish millions of valuable connections at thousands of events. As a multi-award-winning global leader in AI-powered tech, we pride ourselves on being real innovators in the event tech space.
Grip recently completed a $13M Series A funding round led by Kennet Partners, a well-known London-based VC Fund. Other investors at Grip include leading entrepreneurs Brent Hoberman (CEO and Founder at Lastminute.com, Made.com, Founders Factory), Arnaud Massenet (Co-Founder at Net-a-Porter), and Jeremy Roche (FinancialForce, Unit4).
🚀 About the position:
At Grip, hundreds of leading event organisers worldwide work with us as a partner in achieving their business goals to connect, inspire and engage their event participants.
As the Account Director, EMEA, you’ll be working on some of our largest accounts across the globe. The main role of Account Management at Grip is to implement a scalable process and an intimate understanding of the client organization while functioning as a sounding board for executives in our client organisations, creating strong relationships with key decision-makers to drive retention, growth, and long-term success.
We use an account-based growth strategy, often resulting in a relatively small initial engagement to begin with but leading to multi-million dollar contracts in the long-term. Your responsibility will be to put a sales & engagement strategy together with our Event Success, Marketing and Project Management teams to realize this potential.
🚀 Core Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute account-level strategies that support key business metrics, including client retention, revenue growth, and long-term success
- Guide and coach less experienced Account Managers in implement clients’ strategies that enable us to grow as a company.
- Lead ongoing strategic customer meetings to communicate best practices, successes, and business results; facilitate quarterly business reviews & executive meetings.
- Gain a solid understanding of Grip's offering to advise clients on how to make the most of the product suite and pull in the right Event Success people to explain products and services in greater detail where needed.
- Nurture new opportunities with existing clients and identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas for the global account management team,
- Stay on top of trends and changes in the event technology market and how Grip can take advantage of them,
- Develop trust-based relationships resulting in happy clients regardless of size.
- Deliver on the OKRs for Account Growth and Retention.
- Serve as customer advocate internally while effectively collaborating with internal teams including Event Success, Professional Services, Product, Engineering and Finance.
Things move pretty fast at Grip so, although the role will focus on being a leader in Account Management, you'll likely end up wearing quite a few hats and gaining experience across a variety of responsibilities.
🚀 Grip Benefits
- The potential to shape an entire industry through AI
- The opportunity to be a key part of our Global Account Management team, reporting directly to the CRO.
- Competitive commission and bonus based on a combination of personal and company targets
- A world-class team of sales, operations, and engineering
- Kind, fun, and ambitious company culture
- A company Macbook and supporting technology to be successful in a WFH environment
🚀 Experience and Skills
- 6+ years in client-facing sales roles (preferably in SaaS & Event Tech) closing new deals and working with existing clients.
- Proven ability to create, manage and scale a book of business through repeatable processes while managing a team of Account Managers to do the same.
- Ability to jump into large and complicate accounts and be a calming and reassuring voice for clients.
- Ability to strategize with FTSE 1,000 companies executives about the future of their business and how Grip is a critical part of its success.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organisational skills.
- An understanding of the events or event technology industry is highly desired
- A real team player with a proven ability to collaborate across departments
- Flexibility - things move at a fast pace at Grip
- Quick thinker, curious about clients and their challenges with the ability to handle questions on the fly
🚀 We look for people that live by our values:
- Growth Mindset - be curious, take ownership, and share knowledge freely and openly.
- Be Nice - listen to understand, respect others and support your team members
- Transparency - Open and transparent communication, speak up about problems and be honest.
- Can-do Attitude - Take ownership of your work and do what it takes to make it a success.
- Value Focused - work smart, understand what drives KPIs, always keep our clients in mind.