Software Engineering Manager
SecurityScorecard is an industry-leading cybersecurity company backed by Google, Sequoia, and Riverwood. Our mission is to make the world a safer place. We measure your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of A through F based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. Our Comprehensive security ratings, advanced data analytics, and actionable insights discover Third-Party Vulnerabilities & Security Gaps In Real-Time.
With over 250+ employees globally, raised over $110M USD, used by 1,000+ enterprise customers, and rating more than 1.5 million companies. We have created a new category of enterprise software, and our culture has helped us be recognized as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
Our vision is to create a new language for companies and their partners to communicate, understand, and improve each other’s security posture.
About the team:
Our team enable users to understand and trust the data and ratings we provide. Our teams ingests cybersecurity signals and domain and IP attribution data into our data pipeline, maintain the production scoring algorithm developed by the Data Science team, and publish new ratings every day for more than 1.5 million+ organizations.
What you will do:
- Be a leader and be responsible for the overall health of your team, provide career guidance, and ensure effective communication across the team and stakeholders
- Own the roadmap along with Product Management and working with your team to set the vision for our engineering efforts.
- Work cross-functionally and work closely with the Technical Leadership team, Product Managers, Program Managers, and other engineering teams to deliver security signals and aggregated data to our customers
- Own complex problems, establish achievable milestones and drive solutions with your team and others
- Regularly interact with executives and customers to identify areas of improvement.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Program Managers, and your team to deliver high-quality results with high velocity.
- 3 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Experience managing geographically dispersed engineering teams.
- Strong Understanding of system architecture, AWS, Big data & streaming technologies, DevOps, containerization, building SaaS software and distributed systems.
- Some experience with creating, working with, and managing data pipelines.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies such as Scrum, Lean and Kanban
- Ability to code in higher-order languages such as Scala or Python
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong understanding of how the Internet works to be able to solve domain and IP attribution challenges
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional partners and independently drive projects and decisions
- Knowledge of cybersecurity attack vectors is a plus
- Experience growing the careers of your staff
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.