Account Executive, Enterprise (Civilian)
Washington, DC, USA (Remote Only)
Slack is more than just a tech company. We are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
As a Senior Account Executive, you'll develop partnerships with Federal Civilian accounts and help build out our Public Sector vertical at Slack. You will work within our Sales Organization to cover existing and potential customers within the sector. You are passionate about being part of a fast-growing company whose platform is transforming the way we all work. This is a strategic role where you will use your expertise and your existing relationships within the government sector to make a huge impact as we gain momentum in this vertical.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will manage and grow our Federal Civilian business with existing and prospect government agencies
- You will craft solutions within Federal accounts as we drive more mature usage of the Slack platform
- You will develop partner relationships and establish strategy for channel GTM
- You will help analyze, prepare and present business cases on potential contracting vehicles, reseller options, and certifications as we assess the highest value efforts
- You will own and drive progress related to government strategy across a cross functional team of Execs, Sales, Marketing, Product, Legal and Operations
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 years of field experience selling to Public Sector clients
- Blend of technical aptitude and account management/sales/solutions engineering experience in the public sector (SaaS experience strongly preferred)
- Deep understanding of FedRAMP requirements
- Deep awareness of various contracting options for federal procurement cycles including reseller landscape, certifications, legal contracts, and GSA schedule intricacies
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Experience with executive-level presentations
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.