Head of Community
London, Boston, or Remote
All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
Head of Community
Snyk’s mission is to build security into development - the only way security can scale. We aim to educate, empower and encourage developers to build securely and own application security across the cloud-native stack. This approach spans across Snyk, from product to marketing to community - which is where you come in.
We’re looking for a passionate, self-directed Head of Community to define and implement the strategy, grow the community team and connect Snyk to communities all over the world. The community team aims to rapidly increase awareness, educate, and drive adoption of DevSecOps practices and Snyk’s developer-first security platform -- achieved through connecting and engaging with our users, customers and beyond to the global Developer and Security communities.
As the Head of Community at Snyk:
You will develop, inspire and lead a well-defined community growth strategy that includes both our Snyk Community of developers and security leaders, as well as DevSecCon, our global vendor neutral community of devsecops professionals.
You’ll spend your time:
- Defining and executing a community strategy across all Snyk owned and external communities.
- Engaging, growing, and nurturing DevSecOps-focused virtual and physical communities via:
- the Snyk Community of users, builders, and customers, while working closely with internal teams to integrate it with our business functions.
- The vendor-neutral DevSecCon community of global DevSecOps professionals (developers, DevOps, and security)
- Building and managing a global influencer/ambassador program to enable Snyk user-based advocacy and content through virtual and (eventually) in-person channels.
- Working closely in collaboration with the DevRel, Marketing, CS, Product, and BizDev teams
- Identifying and working with external bloggers, influencers, and partner communities to build awareness, develop compelling content, and extend and optimize product awareness & reach
- Developing community programs that actively engage users in learning and advocating for DevSecOps within their own communities.
- Defining the approach to measuring community-driven results and business impact
You should have previous experience in:
- Building and running large distributed physical and virtual developer or security-focused communities.
- Creating user and influencer communities around technologies, companies, products, or shared interests.
- Delivering a community strategy aligned with company goals and values.
- Building relationships with key influencers in the community, potential customers, and external community leaders.
- Digital marketing; particularly in technical/developer markets
- Campaign development and execution with a focus on KPIs & ROI
- Technical, b2b environments; familiar with open source technology and communities
Nice to have:
- Developer or Security advocacy experience; or working alongside developer relations
- Marketing experience, or working alongside marketing teams
- Being a part of Open Source Developer communities
- Security experience
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By the end of Q3 2019 alone, Snyk was already adopted by over 450,000 developers, and including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). We also raised an additional $200 Million, announced on September 9, 2020, from investors such as Stripes and Salesforce Ventures, demonstrating that they are as excited as we are by Snyk’s progress and potential.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.