As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
As the Audio Producer, you will lead the podcast for one of our largest SB Nation Team Communities. Ideal candidates for this position will have experience with hosting audio content for sports fans, audio production, and management. This remote position will report to the Executive Producer of SB Nation’s team community podcasts
What you’ll do:
- Host and produce daily audio content
- Cover breaking news via the podcast.
- Manage a programming schedule and team to provide listeners with a diverse range of voices, topics, and show types.
- Promote each episode of the podcast with a written post
- Promote each episode of the podcast on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media outlets.
- Manage a Twitter account specifically for the podcast feed, engaging with the fanbase and becoming a community leader.
- Host, produce, and share audio content covering the league when needed.
- Travel to events in support of coverage when needed.
- Track and report metrics.
What you'll bring:
- A strong understanding of a particular league (NFL, NBA, MLB, etc)
- On-air experience (radio, TV, podcast, etc.) that shows an engaging personality and an ability to serve multiple on-air roles.
- Audio production experience, preferably within Adobe Audition, GarageBand and/or Audacity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong relationships.
Bonus points for: (only if applicable)
- Sports writing experience, especially when able to build out a narrative and carry it out over a period of time
This role is a part of the Vox Media Union, represented by the Writers Guild of America, East
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.