Staff Engineer, Kubernetes
Remote, United States
Wayfair Inc.Shop Wayfair for A Zillion Things Home across all styles and budgets. 5,000 brands of furniture, lighting, cookware, and more. Free Shipping on most items.
Staff Engineer, Kubernetes
At Wayfair, we are looking to strengthen and grow our infrastructure team by bringing on board talented platform engineers. We are a small focused team tasked with modernizing Wayfair’s infrastructure with the goal of improving developer velocity and scalability. Wayfair is the 3rd largest GCP customer and as we continue to move our systems to GCP, you’ll have an opportunity to diagnose and solve complex problems as Wayfair doubles in size.
Specifically, we are looking for engineers who can help us drive adopting containers and Kubernetes (on-prem and cloud). While you will be working on containers and Kubernetes, extensive experience is not needed as long as you are a fast learner and can demonstrate strong fundamentals in one of software engineering, site reliability, or infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, design and implement robust and scalable APIs and infrastructure automation.
- Contribute to design and implementation of CI/CD on top of Kubernetes / cloud platforms.
- Improve and maintain the software and infrastructure that your team develops and operates.
- Provide guidance and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to streamline and improve adoption of Kubernetes and Cloud within Wayfair.
What is in our scope:
- The cluster infrastructure
- Cluster design and provisioning
- Interactions with the infrastructure via the API
- Supporting the Wayfair Kubernetes community
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience of server-side software engineering experience (Java or Go or Perl or Python etc) and/or
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure roles with strong fundamentals in Linux.
- 5+ years of experience operating with TCP/IP, load-balancing, security and operating production environments.
- Involvement in some on-premise to cloud migration, or some container adoption strategy.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs