Infrastructure Civil Structural Engineer
Bowling Green, KY, United States
O-IO-I crafts the iconic as the world’s leading glass bottle manufacturer
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne, a cold beer after a hard day’s work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench your thirst?
Well, it was probably made by us! We are O-I, and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world. O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world’s best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
With 25,000 + employees and an unparalleled footprint spanning 72 plants in 20 countries, O-I is a truly global maker of glass packaging. From engineering and manufacturing to brand development, design and innovation, we are dedicated to providing unique solutions to exceed our customers’ expectations and fuel consumers’ desire for glass.
About the role:
This is a newly created position to assist our engineering team on our Greenfield project in Bowling Green Kentucky. In this position you will have the opportunity to work in a very collaborative cross-functional team with people who are passionate about what they do.
You will be responsible for:
• Broad and comprehensive knowledge of civil/structural engineering fundamentals and design principles including an extensive knowledge of design and drawing checking procedures.
• Maintains a detailed understanding of current applicable engineering codes and leverages that extensive knowledge to provide safe and economical designs, while also accounting for special requirements and situations related to the glass making process.
• Provides as well as directs detailed and complete analysis and calculations, general arrangement and detail drawings, specifications and complete bid packages for the civil/structural portion of projects at O-I glass container facilities.
• Provides as well as directs civil/structural input on scoping, cost estimates, design and construction package generation for O-I glass container projects. Structural responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, building modifications, equipment supports, site development and security, roadways, railroad lines and site drainage related items
• Broad and comprehensive knowledge of the financial impact of design choices on project budgets.
• Provides new approaches to solving complex problems and identifying innovative opportunities by using sound judgment and civil/structural related experience.
• Provides significant guidance and input to the regional Civil/Structural resource teams as well as within the corporate civil/structural group.
• Provides leadership to teams of other engineers and designers, as required.
• Ensure the safety in every work performed by contractors under his responsibility .;
• Providing guidance, assistance, advice and comments to subcontractors on civil construction matters.
• Check compatibility and approval of documents and drawings from different vendors in order to ensure the success of projects .
• Elaborate technical specifications for equipment and systems compliant with technical, safety and O-I Standards and best engineering practices.
• Prepares descriptive memorials for contracting services.
• Support other disciplines such as electrical and mechanical.
• Know and apply the technical standards relevant to your area of expertise.
• Support Procurement Team checking technical proposals and providing any technical information needed.
• Ensure that the project documentation is tracked, updated, organized.
• Provide mentoring and coaching on 3D CAD design.
• The Civil/Structural Engineer will report directly to the Regional Process Area Manager
• Secondary reporting responsibilities to Project Manager of the plant construction team
• You have Bachelor’s degree in civil/Structural Engineering with a heavy emphasis on structural or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
• Proficient in Microsoft 365 Tools and English skills – Advanced
• Working knowledge in structural analysis and design software such as Risa 3D, Foundation and Connection
• Design experience in structural engineering systems such as steel, concrete, masonry and wood with a solid fundamental understanding of gravity and lateral force resisting systems
• Working experience in code compliance audits and forensic structural evaluation related to overload, fire or fatigue with the ability to diagnose and develop repair or replacement solutions
• Working knowledge in Autodesk products such as AutoCad, Revit and Inventor – Advanced
• Working knowledge in Windchill
• Minimum five (5) years of progress charge design experience as a structural engineer
• Professional Engineering (P.E.) License or ability to obtain P.E. licensure within one (1) year
• Up to 15% of time in local travels
What we offer:
The opportunity to help build something, new experiences, and a culture where you can shine.
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious and collaborative, we’d like to hear from you. Please apply now or for a confidential conversation please email Nathalia Lima firstname.lastname@example.org .
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact O-I at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Other jobs like this
Data Engineer- Data Warehouse & ETL (Public Sector, USA)Agile AWS Azure BigQuery Clearance Cloud Computer Science +13
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave Startup environment +1
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs