VP of People
We are looking for a VP of People to help us grow our People team and play a critical role in shaping the culture of a 100% remote team. Interested in heading a remote team on a mission to help everyone be more productive at work? Then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You’re a People Pro. You are a seasoned professional with a passion for building and growing people teams and companies. You have 10+ years of senior people operations experience including 8+ years of leadership and management experience in high growth environments.
You have scaled a global team. We are a remote company with people in more than 18 countries around the world so it’s vital that you have experience managing people on a global scale. A successful applicant will have a proven track record scaling an organization to over 500 people.
You have experience developing cutting edge people operations programs. Proven track record crafting engaging employee experiences and developing employees while growing high-performance organizations. You have developed and delivered high-impact programs around L&D, performance management, employee engagement, employee retention, and talent acquisition.
You’re a “hands-on” leader who enjoys being in the trenches with the operating team. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where the decision-making process is quick and expedient. You can build a strategy and execute on it.
You have strong leadership skills with the ability to foster high levels of accountability through coaching, career development, and performance management.
You’re experienced at building diverse teams. You have experience building high performing inclusive cultures and have helped to create flourishing and diverse teams.
You’re an expert at coaching and mentoring. You have experience creating a strong learning environment within a growing organization including developing and implementing successful initiatives for performance management, coaching, learning and development.
You're data-driven. You have an analytical mindset and you know that you have to use data, metrics and analytics to measure success and make better decisions.
You're a skilled communicator. You are an amazing communicator and are able to influence across an organization.
Things You’ll Do
- Lead the People team which includes Recruiting, People Ops, Learning & Development, Total Rewards, and DIEB.
- Develop people strategies to support the achievement of the overall business objectives
- Foster and grow a high-performance organizational culture
- Lead communication and change management for internal and external events
- Partner with business leaders and Business Partners to develop strategic and operational HR programs that will strengthen culture, improve performance, and enhance engagement within their teams.
- Develop strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet hiring needs of strategic goals.
- Develop and track key metrics to measure employee happiness, engagement, performance, and retention.
- Partner with our finance team to ensure our compensation strategy remains competitive and scales with the company.
- Create and maintain a culture of building diverse and inclusive teams
- Try new things - embrace creative approaches to problem-solving and encourage it in their teams
- Keep their eyes on trends and innovations in the field of HR Tech
For the past 10 years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Anywhere in the U.S. or Canada
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 400+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, religion, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs