Senior People and Organisational Development Partner
Athens / Amsterdam / remote
Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America and part of the international FreeNow Group owned by Daimler. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented People are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat’s footprint is rapidly expanding with current operations in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina. Our global headquarters are in Athens and we are building a second European major hub in Amsterdam to attract the best talent in the world.
About the role
At Beat, People are our major focus both when it comes to our customers as well as our employees. We have created a culture of open communication, feedback, personal development and performance, adopting it at all levels. To continue our way to becoming one of the most enjoyable companies to work at, where outstanding performances and initiatives get recognised and where everyone has growth and career opportunities, we have opened a new role: Senior People and Organisational Development Partner.
This role will report into our Global Talent Solutions Director and will partner with Beat’s business leaders, working closely together with our people partners, senior leadership and people managers, driving engagement and development at all levels, and ensuring we continue to raise the bar in performance.
What you will do
As part of the Talent Solutions team, you will design and implement talent solutions aimed to create amazing and impactful experiences for employees at the most important growth and decision making moments along their career lifecycle. You will support Beat’s talent strategy and create meaningful, valued and unforgettable experiences that captivate employees according to our design principles and bring to life our core values. You will support in creating powerful “on the shelf” talent products to bring powerful, targeted solutions to our business based upon their rapidly evolving and changing needs. This includes organisational development, onboarding, employee development, engagement and retention, performance management, leadership development.
Learning & Development
- Develop and successfully implement innovative solutions and programs designed to continually enhance the knowledge and capability of our people and leaders globally as the company grows and scales.
- Support the delivery of our Manager Excellence program, helping us upskill the management capabilities of our (first time) people managers globally. This includes such topics as hiring, performance management, delegation, etc.
- Propose and design innovative solutions, to provide learning opportunities for our individual contributors using a blended approach, including virtual and online mediums.
- Deliver highly interactive and engaging face to face and virtual workshops on topics related to manager development, high performing teams and others.
- Responsibility for the design, deployment, communication and change management for the following solutions:
- Talent Management, by creating a talent strategy and process and partnering with the people partners and business leaders, to ensure successful execution of the talent strategy, process and programs;
- Succession planning, by working with our business leaders and people partners to help evaluate the current talent bench at all levels within the organisation to identify and develop future successors;
- Career Pathing, by mapping career path scenarios at Beat in collaboration with people partners and business leaders; provide identifiable career paths to employees and help them become aware of the education, training, skills and competencies needed to progress their careers at Beat, positively impacting retention;
- Team Development, by creating and executing a team development journey that increases (cross-) team collaboration and communication, positively impacting team and company performance;
- On-demand training, by implementing online-always-available training solutions to support our aim to build a culture of continuous learning and development.
What you will need to have
Qualified candidates will have 10+ years of experience in Human Resources positions of increasing scope and responsibility, preferably in fast paced, international companies. The ideal candidate will have had experience facing off to the Management and Executive level leadership in consulting and creative solutions across a variety of talent needs. S/he will also bring:
- Strong innovative approach and mindset and the ability to build from a blank slate, leveraging user centred design approaches to traditional organisational and people development practices;
- Excellent facilitation skills;
- Experience implementing large-scale organisational initiatives, from inception through completion, which cut across multiple business units, geographies, teams and HR partners;
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including familiarity with global HR practices and policies;
- Unquestioned integrity, resolve, presence, and sureness.
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organisation, and flexibility to be proactive in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, must be an articulate and persuasive communicator including excellent presentation skills;
- Analytical and creative problem solving abilities.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary and benefits, including flexible working hours and inspiring workspace
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Commuter Benefits Program
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that gives employees large goals, autonomy, mentoring and creates incredible opportunities both for you and the company
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.