Marketing Director – Wine, North America
Virtual, CA, United States
O-IO-I crafts the iconic as the world’s leading glass bottle manufacturer
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne, a cold beer after a hard day’s work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench the thirst, well it was probably made by us, we are O-I and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world’s best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
The Wine Marketing Director plays a critical role on the commercial team, including:
- Driving engagement & collaboration with wine customers on innovation & new product development.
- Collaboration cross-functionally (sales, finance, supply planning) to manage mix & optimize profitability of wine business.
- Ensuring the B2C & B2B communication strategy supports the O-I and glass value proposition.
- Utilizing wine market expertise to identify & execute strategies for growth that considers emerging product segments, regions (US & Canada), and attractive customer partners.
- Manage stock product portfolio with the intent of maximizing profitability and ensuring alignment with the broader business goals.
- Leading the continued development & deployment of the sustainability platform within the North America Wine market
The overall ambition of the commercial marketing team is to inspire our current and prospective customers to grow sales in partnership with O-I.
The Marketing Category Leader utilizes inputs from various industry, consumer, customer, and channel intelligence to have an in-depth understanding of the assigned category, including industry trends, key business drivers, competing packaging materials, key companies and influencers.
(All other duties as assigned)
· Develop and execute a profitable growth strategy in partnership with key cross-functional partners (sales, operations, supply chain, finance, NPD)
- Define “Where to Play” and the resulting “How to Win” for the category with the intent of:
- Supporting the growth of O-I share of glass.
- Supporting the growth of share of glass in the overall market.
- Achieving our volume and revenue ambitions.
- Identify new business development & innovation opportunities.
- Use market/consumer/shopper insights to validate the strategy and innovation needs
- Clearly define the customer, product, and market requirements that will support the evolution of our manufacturing network.
- Build a close working relationship with the sales team to:
- Support overall customer engagement & relationship development to promote collaboration & growing O-I sales.
- Co-create account specific innovation agendas.
- Partner effectively on go-to-market launches of new programs, products, & innovations.
- Act as marketplace expert in planning and participating in strategic customer meetings to consult on business opportunities and articulate our value proposition.
SCOPE AND IMPACT
- No direct P&L responsibility of the category. The impact is measured indirectly through performance measures established for base business, new business development and deployment of product innovation
- Regional focus yet requires making decisions that support both global and regional leadership strategies.
- Work closely with the global and regional leadership to ensure that all requirements are included customer and business strategies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA Degree in Marketing or relevant area, MBA preferred
- Experience working for or within Wine industry preferred
- Preferred experience with packaging or manufacturing (B2B)
- 3-5 years of proven experience in strategic marketing or business development
- Experience in developing and leading execution of strategy, that contributes to P&L optimization while delivering enhanced product equity and top-line value
- Experience in creating new marketplace opportunities utilizing research, trends and competitive analysis.
- Experience in creating impactful customer interactions and skills in visual story telling in business.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- This position reports to the Director of Marketing & NPD, AMN.
- Less than 15-30% travel
- WEST COAST LOCATION PREFERRED
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact O-I at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
Other jobs like this
Director, Software Engineering - Payment & Platform Technology (Onsite/Hybrid)Coaching Computer Science Java Linux MBA Mentoring PhD +3
Career development Equity Health care Insurance Relocation support +3
Chief Revenue OfficerB2B Branding Business strategy Coaching Cross-functional Customer acquisition Data management +5
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity Flex hours +7
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Solutions Architect jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Staff Accountant jobs
- Remote Senior Project Manager jobs
- Remote Business Development Manager jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote B2B-related jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Data-driven-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Product management-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Machine Learning-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote GCP-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Cybersecurity-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Scrum-related jobs
- Remote Banking-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Data Science-related jobs