Database Developer (Remote, UK)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Sharp Gaming is a brand-new, state of the art technology platform for the gambling industry. We’re on an exciting journey to build the next generation, sports betting and gaming platform that will support market leading bookmakers globally. With over £25 million invested so far, we have a long-term vision and lots of opportunities in the future.
Sharp Gaming is based in Manchester City Centre and stems from the gaming division at Degree 53. The platform is still in development and we are recruiting talented individuals to help bring our vision to life.
Due to our successful growth, we are now looking for a Database Developer to join our team. This position is 100% remote, but you should be based in the UK.
What will I be doing?
You will be an experienced Database Developer who will design stable and reliable PL/SQL code within our databases.
You will be responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing database code to help users retrieve and process data as efficiently and effectively as possible. You will ensure our database code is clean and runs effectively and securely.
As part of our database team, you will work closely with other developers to ensure system consistency and performance. You will also collaborate with other members of the wider team to provide technical support and identify new data requirements.
- Experience working with DBAs, Architects and Developers to deliver innovative solutions and solve complex problems.
- Experience developing highly efficient code for high volume transactional sites such as e-commerce or online gaming.
- Significant experience as a PL/SQL database developer with at least 3 years focused on MySQL or Oracle
- Knowledge of standards and best practices in PL/SQL
- Experience in a 24x7, high traffic OLTP environment
- Experience with some level of database performance monitoring and analysis
- Good understanding of RDBMS systems
- Experience in handling database performance optimization via Query or DB Optimisation
- Good knowledge of Linux, preferably CentOS
What's in it for me?
- Competitive Salary
- Employee of the month
- Monthly team lunches
- Generous referral bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Flexi-time (start anywhere between 7.30am -9am - whatever suits you best!)
- Company Pension Scheme
- City Centre Office space with a cosy breakout area and Wii U and PS4 consoles