Software Development Engineer (ML)
Atlanta, GA or Remote (U.S.)
Hop LabsProduction-Grade Machine Learning Strategy and Solutions
Posted 1 year ago
At Hop Labs, our mission is simple: we build technology that meaningfully impacts people’s lives.
We work on a variety of projects in a range of industries, from fighting cancer through deep learning, to training a computer to help you find the best-fitting pair of pants. We've helped large, established companies nurture innovative ideas, and we’ve collaborated with cutting-edge startups to be the large, established companies of tomorrow.
Our team reflects our belief in quality over quantity. Some of our past projects have resulted in publications and patents, have been featured in the press, and have been deployed with well-known brands. We do few things, but we do them extremely well:
Machine Learning -- Deep Learning / AI / RNNs
Product Strategy and Product Roadmap
We're a small team that's about making an outsized impact. We embrace diversity, investing in our employees, and flexible work schedules. We aim to enjoy our work and deliver beyond expectations. If you’re a technologist who wants to work on projects that make a difference, please reach out to us.
Currently, we’re looking to hire a full-time Software Development Engineer (ML). Titles can be arbitrary, so you should consider yourself a good fit for this if:
You enjoy solving hard technical problems at scale.
You’re comfortable proposing end-to-end technical architectures that balance modularity, scalability, operations, security, and cost.
You’re fluent in the AWS stack. This does not mean you understand every AWS service or that you have an AWS certification, but it does mean that you could independently design and build a distributed API within AWS that reflects modern best practices.
You understand that clarity and simplicity -- in code and in communication -- are worth striving for.
You have at least a passing familiarity with machine learning, and an interest in developing your skills there.
As a distributed team, some key qualities are particularly important for all of us at Hop Labs:
A strong sense of ownership and initiative
Clear and consistent communication
A collaborative mindset
Clear thinking and attention to detail for complex projects
For this role specifically:
Open to all backgrounds, though machine-learning background preferred
Intermediate to senior level preferred
Location preference: in or near Atlanta, but remote within the U.S. is possible
U.S. work authorization necessary
And if you’re not sure you’re a good fit, apply anyway! We will not think poorly of you -- some of our best folks have come from surprising backgrounds. We have made an effort to introduce a hiring process that is low-pressure and skills-focused, and compatible with the other commitments in your life.
If you’re interested in applying, please email email@example.com with an introduction and a description of what you’re looking for in the next stage of your career.
Please include a link to either your resume or an updated LinkedIn profile. GitHub / Kaggle profiles are also great if you have them, but won’t hurt you if you don’t.
More Remote work and WFH position highlights
- Explore open Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Support Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Visual Designer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Explore open Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Account Executive Jobs
- Explore open QA Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect Jobs
- Explore open Community Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Marketing Operations Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Explore open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Explore open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Front End Engineer Jobs
- Explore open React-related jobs
- Explore open Competitive salary-related jobs
- Explore open Data-driven-related jobs
- Explore open Coaching-related jobs
- Explore open Backend-related jobs
- Explore open B2B-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Customer service-related jobs
- Explore open UX-related jobs
- Explore open User Experience-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open Azure-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open HTML-related jobs
- Explore open Integrations-related jobs
- Explore open CRM-related jobs
- Explore open Mentoring-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open UI-related jobs
- Explore open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Explore open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Explore open CSS-related jobs
- Explore open CI/CD-related jobs
- Explore open HR-related jobs