Market Manager - Devices (South Seattle, WA)
US, WA, Virtual Location - Washington
Amazon offers a collection of revolutionary devices and the device business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing at Amazon. Our lineup includes Echo devices, Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, Amazon Fire TV, and more. We pride ourselves in being able to provide customers a fully-integrated service with easy access to millions of movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps and games.
The Amazon Offline Retail team is responsible for selling Amazon devices into many brick and mortar retailers across the US. Market Managers lead sales and marketing initiatives for Amazon branded products in retail locations. They are responsible for the in-store experience, running assisted selling events, fostering relationships and training at the store level and promoting Amazon through customer interactions. Market Managers are focused on increasing sales of Amazon products in retail stores, educating store associates and consumers on the value of Amazon devices, accessories and Amazon in general.
Market Managers ensure the Amazon in-store experience and merchandising is properly implemented across retailers. They serve as the Amazon evangelist, running group training events for sales associates on how to sell Amazon and participating in assisted selling activities. They manage the in store product transitions and retailer communications. They rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverables.
In this role you will:
· Travel to complete store visits within assigned territory
· Manage business expense (mileage, etc.) and submit expense reports accurately
· Effectively install, troubleshoot, and maintain a variety of Amazon devices in various national retail stores
· Assist customers and be an ambassador of the Amazon brand
· Develop professional relationships with store managers, general managers and in-store employees
· Educate store associates on the value of Amazon devices and work with retail sales personnel to resolve merchandising and training issues
· Work with retail sales personnel to resolve merchandising and training issues.
· Follow instructions to assemble displays and reset sections according to planogram
· Set-up and/or ensure powered displays are fully functional
· Conduct basic merchandising visits such as stocking, cleaning, auditing, and updating signage
· Ensure the Amazon in-store experience and merchandising is properly implemented across retailers within your region
· Conduct sales and training demonstration in-store and during large scale events based on program / market needs
· Complete daily instore reports to document visits, including submitting digital photos
· Participate in assisted selling activities during peak selling times at select retail locations
· Collect business and market insights from consumers and store associates
· Create and participate in quarterly business reviews and quarterly business reviews
· Work independently with minimal supervision
· Be on your feet for up to 8 hours at a time
· Push, pull, lift or carry items up to 50 pounds (with or without reasonable accommodation)
· Work flexible work hours including nights and weekends (40 hours a week)
· Possess a cell phone compatible with Form.com which includes, iOS and Android devices. Form.com is not compatible with Windows, Blackberry or any other OS
· Possess a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation to travel between worksites during the work day
· Occasional overnight travel
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 6+ years of work experience in retail sales
· Bachelor's degree
· 8+ years of relevant work experience in retail sales
· Consumer electronics or high-tech products retail experience
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Experience managing multi retail accounts
· Experience and comfortability presenting to large audiences
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Composed, poised and professional demeanor.
· Attention to detail
· Ability to complete multiple activities simultaneously
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age